Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
NICK_STREAMS

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all, looking for both engine mounts to mount a ST170 Zetec engine series 3 into my Avon. I have read somewhere that Tiger’s mounts are not that strong so looking for recommendation, drawings or a good alternativ.

thanks
Nick

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #2 
https://zetec-cat.co.uk

Click Zetec Resources, then Documents, then Ford Zetec Engine Mounts.

These were to replace the Tiger mounts on a Cat, but also work on any of the other models.
NICK_STREAMS

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Perfect thanks

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOC_Admin
https://zetec-cat.co.uk

Click Zetec Resources, then Documents, then Ford Zetec Engine Mounts.

These were to replace the Tiger mounts on a Cat, but also work on any of the other models.

they are the same design as the tiger supplied ones except 2 differences the plates that have been used are only 3mm where as tiger ones are 5mm and the tubes are longer aswell as being thinner. I dont see how these would be stronger than the more modern ones that are made by tiger (the old plates and tubes were thinner when they first were used)
The current design of engine mount used by tiger are more than capable to handle a standard or modified 2ltr zetec or st170
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #5 
The request was for dimensions of the engine mounts, so I linked to a page giving reasoning behind the replacement and dimensions that were used.

Clearly the design has to be similar to the original supplied mounts as the mounting positions on the engine and the chassis are the same!

As far as I can see, nothing was said about whether they were stronger than any other engine mount or not, so I fail to see the relevance to this comment of yours other than as a way of dismissing anything not made by Tiger?
aza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
the request was originally stateing that he had heard tiger engine mounts were not that strong and was looking for alternatives. I was mearly pointing out the differences between these drawings and the tiger made ones so if the person wanted to make there own or get them made they could make the choice wether or not to thicken up the materials
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #7 
In this case, I must apologise for providing links to an inferior product design when compared to a significantly updated product that nobody else has mentioned before!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club