Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
russellainsby

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
I'm after a cat nosecone, preferably supercat, but e1 will be fine.

Cosmetic condition not important, but preferably in one piece though.

Thanks

Refined by an idiot !
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
The nose cone is the same for Cat and Super Cat, only the rear body/wings are wider on the Super Cat.
russellainsby

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Cat and super cat nose cones are slightly different design, but both have same fitment.

Refined by an idiot !
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Built both cars and mine were both the same, nose, the early cars had a droppy nose and were updated with a more upright style a few years later. Ring Laura at Tiger to check.
russellainsby

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Yes, different nose designs.  The Cat E1 had the smaller grill and longer nose cone,  Then the Supercat had the updated shorter nose and larger grill.   http://www.southwaysautomotive.co.uk/supercat/ 

Do you have either for sale?  Like I said, I don't mind which one, but would prefer a Supercat nose (as I already have a cat e1 nosecone on the car)

Refined by an idiot !
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
That site is a bit misleading as the first supercats like mine used the same cat nose and soon after changed to the newer one. When I built the orange one was going to cut the droop off and re-make  it better looking as I was spraying this colour during the buildorange nose opt.jpg  
orange cat rearopt.jpg 

vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
I do not have a spare nose, sorry. Might be hard to find one as it went out of production a while back.
Tiger did not do there own grp but used different firms at times. Some one may still have the moulds.
Why not try to mod it yourself over the winter. A few have cut the rear wings and widened them and filled and made good, same principle.
russellainsby

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
I just fancy a black nose to match the new CSR wings, aero screen and composite seats. But don't really want to spray the current body coloured one incase I want to change back.

If I get the opportunity to get the newer larger nose grill then that's a bonus.

I know chances are slim but If I don't find one in the next few months I'll order a new one from SSC.

As for widening the rear arches, I'm desperate to give it a go, just worried about the rubbish job I'll do.

Refined by an idiot !
Kerrsco22

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
I have a nose for a cat in green if interested
russellainsby

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Yes mate, I'll be painting it so colour doesn't bother me. How much? And can you post?

Refined by an idiot !
althecate1

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
Southways on their Facebook group have just announced they are going to stock panel parts.
Alec

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
Pmd you
Ianmacartneyward

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 
Hi I have a r6 nose cone as new, yellow I colour, no damage £125, sorry offers .
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club