Hello,
New here...
I’m building a tiger avon with zetec and weber alpha tb’s
Does anyone have any info on wiring?
Many thanks
Navigiter

Forum Donor 2017
Reply with quote  #2 

There are wiring diagrams under the download section on this forum. If the harness originated with Tiger it will follow standard wire colour coding. The Alpha system wiring will be available separately from Tiger as they now have rights to the system.

Navigiter.

Round

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
I have the main loom diagram but nothing for the alphas. Spoke to tiger and they don’t have 1 either...
Navigiter

Forum Donor 2017
Reply with quote  #4 

I have an Omex management system which in modern parlance is “plug and play”, although there is additional guidance provided, I'm sorry I can't offer further help but if you have a specific query I'm sure there will be others on the forum who can as the Alpha system is the norm with Tiger.

Navigiter.

TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #5 
I've got a couple as PDFs.

Which alpha kit and ECU do you have: earlier green - something like P150) or later black Pro4?

Are the tb trumpets ally or plastic?
Round

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
I need to know which wire within the alpha loom I connect to the tacho
Cheers
Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Hi Round,

Contact Paul at Tiger Racing as he should be able to talk you through what you need to do.

Gazza

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #8 
As you didn't answer the question I asked over a week ago, about which Alpha system you have, I cannot be specific on the wiring, nor send a copy of the relevant instructions over to you.  Therefore, you will have to work it out yourself from the information below:

Alpha Kit K97017 / K99001 / K99002 (Carbs - Black "PI150" ECU) - 4 pin connector labelled QQQQ, pin 2 (yellow) - This goes to pin 4 on 35-pin ECU connector.

Alpha Kit K99011 (Throttle Bodies, Aluminium Trumpets or Blue Plastic Trumpets - Green Alpha Plus "PI043;E4" ECU) - Purple with a white stripe, labelled SS - This goes to pin 7 on the 35-pin ECU connector.

Alpha Kit K40016 (Throttle Bodies, Red Plastic Trumpets - Black Pro4 "PI400" ECU) - Purple with a white stripe, labelles SS - This goes to pin 28 on the 35-pin ECU connector.
Round

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
Apologies. I was going to look and then reply but didn’t.

I have 99901 with red trumpets and a silver ecu that says gem-alpha51-box-ass on it
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #10 
[smile] not a problem.

I've not come across a 99901 kit before, is this a carb or injection kit?

Does the connector connecting it to the main loom come as a single round 4 pin plug/socket, or is it a bundle of separate spade connectors?  If the former, check for a yellow wire to the 4 way plug, if the latter a purple/white wire to a female spade connector.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club