Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
azzacat

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 

I know every one bangs on about going to SVA without a screen on but really are there some major defects with it, I'm gonna have a screen so i may as well fit it now, i realize i need De-Misters and stuff but is it that hard to do, cant be any more challenging than the rest of the kit with its little cost cutting quirks!

Thanks

Antony

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 

The only thing regarding going screenless means that there's less for the tester to test, from windscreen rake and height, to glass E-markings, to washer bag and wiper efficiency to demisters and radii for the screen frame and supports.

Seriously, it is a lot easier to retro fit the screen, by which time you may decide you like your car without and would prefer an aeroscreen (which is a bit of a bugger when you've already got holes for the wipers in the scuttle).

Richard

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
Personally I like my windscreen, but I agree with Anthony ... you'd be mad to SVA a Tiger with one.  Far easier to go screenless, and then retrofit it later. Radiusing the screen surround alone is going to be seriously hard work, let alone any of the other things that will be required.
Cheers
Richard

aboardman

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 

i did the sva with a screen and was not a problem, just used a power file one the screen to round over, then finished with wet and dry, used electric heaters for the demisters.

regards

Andrew

BOBW99

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 

I also added a screen and used 12v hair dryers for the blower, included parts from a Dyson carpet cleaner, got the wiper motor sorted, sorted the frame edges and added a washer bottle with low level warning light!!!

I thought that if I was going to fit a screen I would fit it whilst I was building the car. I quite enjoyed this part of the build and by the cringe I needed it on the way to the SVA !

regards

bob

sminney

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 

i too sva'd with screen, Filed off the edges on the surround, it was no issue, just took a couple of evenings and plenty of elbow grease.  As for the demister, i used the standard polo matrix and fan and it blows a hurricane through it - very powerful, def enough to satisfy sva man.  I also used Dyson components! Wiper motor no probs either.  My logic was also that I knew i wanted to fit it in the end, so thought i'd do it before sva.  also I can't be bothered with the whole crash helmet thing - does'nt look right unless your on a track in my opinion.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club