Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
TigerTigs

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello all,

Can someone please help me out with a couple of things on my Weber carbs.

Firstly, I have some sort of breather with a nut screwed into the end on the inlet manifold as pictured:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ThQVJQoKCawotYEr9

What is this for and should it have a nut in it?

Secondly, below the breather which is pictured you can see a flange and a metal gasket. This is the gasket between the inlet manifold and the carbs. The garage who repaired the rocker arm said I needed a rubber gasket to make a tight seal. So is this correct? Does anyone have a photo of their weber 40's they could share with me?
althecate1

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
The small diameter hose blanked off by the bolt probably was connected to your advance mechanism on the distributor. This is probably redundant depending on the distributor. I'm guessing the manifold came with a hole and it needed to be blanked off.
The carb does need a seal between the carb and the manifold, you seem to have one though the metal plate you can see has a rubber seal moulde to it. They are called missable plates , google them. They should come wirh cup washers and rubber mounts rhat when tightened correctly allow the carbs to be mounted with an amount of flexibility.
Hope this helps
Al

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
That should have said "misab" not misable

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
thank you so much for your reply. I'm just learning about misab plates now. The garage new the carb needed a seal but clearly did not know they were looking at one.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club