Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
philip

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hey,
because one of the shock absorbers of my 1989 super six is going to leak, I am looking for 
a new or used pair of spax shock absorbers.
The extended length is 11 inches (28cm), the short length I do not know yet.
The springs are still ok, so I only need the dampers. the  top spring dish shows type M73.
Who is helping me to find a set new or used dampers, with or without springs?
Only street use, never been on a circuit....
Thank you in advance,
Philip

[3esgryh2y]

[etpid1]

[d79dxv]

Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Phil,

Bearing in mind that no matter how good the Damper units look after being resprayed they are the only thing that is controlling how well your car is going handle rather than risk planting the car with it's nicely painted dampers.

If this was to happen it could be just the get out clause the insurance company needs to disallow your claim!

I would strongly recommend that you buy some new ones either directly from Tiger Racing which they will probably have on the shelf for Spax units in which case your old springs will fit or you can upgrade to Protech units which are better than the Spax Dampers  and about a kilo lighter on each corner so less un-sprung weight.

If you contact Protech directly they will already have details for the type / model of car that you have and you can also ask for them to be anodised in a range of colours both for the Damper and the Springs. 

Best Regards,

Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you for this reply,

Because there are many Tiger owners who drive on a racetrack I hope to buy a standard shock absorber set from someone who has done an upgrade.

I will already ask for information by Tigerracing and Protech...
According to the original manual, a spring setting of 180-225 lb is recommended (kent engine?), according to a more recent manual (download on this website) 300 lb is advised. I have a pinto engine in my S6, what do you think?

thanks,
philip

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club