Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Tony_T70

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 

Does anyone have a fibreglass pedal box cover for a Tiger Cat they would like to sell?  

Many thanks

Tony

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Tiger racing never made one for the Cat, you constructed one from Ally sheet. there was a chap who did make some fibreglass ones with an inspection cover these were good but he didn’t make many a search of the forum may dig up some info.
Alec

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
https://forums.tigerownersclub.co.uk/post/job-lot-of-pedal-box-covers-free-from-suffolk-bury-st-edmonds-area-7841880?highlight=cat+pedal+box+cover&trail=25

I forgot this it seems  there were some commercial rights issues.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 

Quote:
Originally Posted by althecate1
Tiger racing never made one for the Cat, you constructed one from Ally sheet. there was a chap who did make some fibreglass ones with an inspection cover these were good but he didn’t make many a search of the forum may dig up some info.
Alec

Really? I thought those were Tiger parts! We never received the mould for them, so are working towards making our own.

I did see one on ebay last month, and I started bidding on it (as Southways), but kept getting outbid. I couldn't see who it was bidding against me to send them a message and say "Don't outbid me - I can make lots more of these, and give you a free one!" But I couldn't...

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Hello,

I think they may have been me, I do remember seeing the item, I have been looking for awhile, i've also thought about trying to make one. Might have to order one from Tiger.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
I got a tiger one on my cat 👍

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Tiger did supply some nearly 20 years ago when I was building my Cat. I bought one but couldn't make it fit well and eventually threw it away! I made a cover out of sheet aluminium which fitted fine, but took me some time to make.
Wigster

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardMills
Tiger did supply some nearly 20 years ago when I was building my Cat. I bought one but couldn't make it fit well and eventually threw it away! I made a cover out of sheet aluminium which fitted fine, but took me some time to make.

Same as me. I did get one of the fibreglass ones, but TBH, the quality and fit were awful.

Just spend a lot of time mocking it up with cardboard sheet before you start cutting the aluminium though [biggrin]
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
When I did mine I made a mock up in thick card and had someone make it using flat panels in grp fixed together and gel the same as the car colour and with a screw on access lid.
He even managed to get a tigers head set in the top of the lid !
althecate1

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
I’m pretty sure the Tiger one of 20 years ago was the super six item. 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
They were being made by a guy in Garboldisham Norfolk who made lots of grp bits in his garage.
Fitted one of his in my second build.
It was a while back now.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club