Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
jdominicd

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi
Have just bought a pair of 3" Luke safety harnesses but they have come without the clips for the shoulders straps to fit it to the rear rail.
Has anyone got any lying around that they want to get rid of?
Another question is that the lap straps have the clips with the spring loaded clasp, whereas my last harness had a clip with a hole through for a bolt, can you buy these seperately? They would need to be for 3 " straps. Deemon Tweeks don't sell them as I have asked.
Good ole E-bay!!!!!
Cheers
John
catman

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 
John next time your passing give me a call to see if im in then pop round i have a few harness bits that might do you.

Ed
jdominicd

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
Cheers
Ed
will sort something out about popping in
TS6

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 

John email a piccy of what you bought - I may have what you need?

jdominicd

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks Geoff will do it tommorrow
Cheers
John
jdominicd

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 

Geoff

Here are some photos of the harnesses.

The first picture is of the clips at the side on the new harness, the second is the shoulder harness with the clips missing and the 3rd picture is of the old harness with the black fastening (with the hole in) and the last picture is of the bolt it fastened to with the spacer.

Until I get my seats which should be this week I dont know whether I will have enough room for the bolt with the eye in the end and the clip or whether I will need the existing fastener and use the old bolts, obviously the old fastener is not large enough for the 3" lap strap.

Can tell you which bit I will need once the seats come.

Cheers

John

Attached Images
jpeg johns_cars_001.jpg (152.46 KB, 25 views)
jpeg johns_cars_002.jpg (140.32 KB, 26 views)
jpeg johns_cars_004.jpg (168.65 KB, 23 views)

jdominicd

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
Geoff PM sent
Cheers
John
TS6

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #8 
John,
Would suggest they came from a single seater - where the shoulder straps would be connected by wrapping around a round chassis member behind the driver and then threaded back through the buckle.

You could however fit a normal bolt or clip in connector using the buckle - point of safety if you go down this route you will need to thread the tale of the strap back through the buckle to prevent it from slipping.

With respect to the lap straps you may be lucky in having enough space to use a clip in connector.

I'm away now until the weekend so will check when home as to what old harness sets I have - I certainly had some in "The Barn" but can not remember if they were skipped during the last clear out....will let you know.

An alternative is a visit to scrap yard to but a normal seat belt that you could cut the bolt in connectors from.

If not there are always plenty for sale here....such as this example.

http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=178520
kickinthenuts

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #9 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Harness-Snap-Hook-Fixing-3-inch-Spare-part-kit-car_W0QQitemZ390109504559QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5ad456a42f

jdominicd

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #10 

Thanks Geoff /kickinthenuts
I can get the clips from deemon tweeks at 2.80 +VAT they are still cheaper than e-bay I asked them about the bolt and hole type clips and they wont sell them seperately.
Should be getting my seats on Wed so will let you know.

The bloke i bought them off had the shoulder straps wrapped around his roll cage.

Thanks
John

jdominicd

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #11 
Geoff/ Ed
Have started fitting my seats now and it looks like I will need the clips with the holes in rather than the spring clips as on the photo.
Have either of you got 4 of these, they need to be for a 3" harness otherwise I will be making some. Am getting work to restich the belts.
Ah and another question I presume the clip that allows the lap straps to tighten up needs to be inside the seat?
Cheers
John
Ed I dont think your slow I thought they called you Ed "forest" Fuller because of your business........ Ohh sorry you meant slow as in driving Ha ha

catman

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #12 
drive forest drive...........life i like a box chocalate, etc etc

Ed
jdominicd

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #13 
aha it is true then "STOP forest STOP"!!!!
Having said that, thats not normally a problem for you Ed as the number 11's you keep leaving at Barkston are testiment to that.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club