Andromeda

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
What tyre pressure do I need on a supercat with 205-50-15 Toyo T1r’s
Thanks
Brian

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Doubtless Admin will 'shunt' this to the correct category (Technical) but in the meantime circa 16 - 18 psi (cold) is the generally accepted area to work from. You can play around with pressures close to this until you have a balance you like. For example, I ran my old tyres (Kumho 205/50/15s) at 15 front & 16 rear. My new Federals appear to like 16 & 18.

Michael.

Spent it on fast women and loose cars.
Andromeda

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Oh right, I’m running double those pressures 🤭. I tried them lower but anytime I hit bumps on the road it felt like the wheel was taking the impact and not the suspension.
Thanks for the advice

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
You may want to check your front damper settings. Presuming you have the standard Spax shocks, turn the adjuster screw right back (anti-clockwise) and then try, say, 3 clicks forward as a baseline. The spring seat is, of course, also adjustable. I have mine set with 8 threads showing below the seat.

Michael.

Spent it on fast women and loose cars.
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
18 all day !
Andromeda

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
I’ve got the front shocks at 3 and springs fully wound down so I could adjust those. Put new rear shocks and springs on and have the dampening turned a fair way up.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda
Oh right, I’m running double those pressures 🤭. I tried them lower but anytime I hit bumps on the road it felt like the wheel was taking the impact and not the suspension.
Thanks for the advice

Having the pressures harder will make that even worse, you must be bouncing down the road.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Car handles well but certainly no “bouncing”, but I will lower then and see. Thanks

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks guys I dropped the pressure to 24 rear and 22 front initially, dropped them again today to 20 rear and 18 front and see how that goes.
Cheers
Brian

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Has that improved things?

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
It has thanks, but may go back to 20 front 22 rear and see. Just a case of playing with pressure and suspension setting

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
Excellent [thumb][thumb]
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club