Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Dazza8008

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
could anybody help as to whats the best settings are as regards toe in/out camber /tyre pressures etc
its my first kit car and absolutely love it 
the steering feels ok and the car drives straight but the steering wheel wont self center 
and help would be greatly appreciated 
thanks 
darren

Carnoustiecat

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Darren.........don't know about a Super Six,  but I run my Cat E1 at about 18psi all round for the tyre pressures. I also don't have much self centring on my steering. From the posts I've read on here, it's quite a common problem..........not sure if there's a cure for it, or if you just have to live with it!

Scott

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks I'll check what pressure is in....what size tyres do you use mine has 205/50..15 all round ... Is that right ice read some forums they should be 185's on the front
Carnoustiecat

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #4 
I've got 16" wheels on mine running 195/45 tyres all round, but like I said it's a different car than yours. I searched on this forum to find what pressures to run......most seem to run them quite low. I tried mine at various pressures and decided that 18psi seemed to be the best compromise between comfort and handling.............not that you have much comfort in this style of car!!!!!!

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
I run mine 18-20 psi front and 16-18 rear. It's pretty easy to experiment. Do what feels right.

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi
The self centreing has more to do with castor than the settings you have mentioned. Alot of 7 type cars have issues when tested at IVA due to this but do you want it to go where you have pointed it or where it goes automatically ?.
Not sure about a Sixs suspension make up but these cars will very rarely feel like a "normal car" but that is the fun.
In general you will get much more feedback from the car but ignore what it is telling you at your peril.
Im sure if you ring Paul at Tiger he will tell you what it should be then you just need to do some measuring to check it.

Nick M
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club