Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 3      1   2   3   Next
ejt7777

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
After 18 months, sadly I have to move on my SuperCat. Having bulged a disc in my back a while ago, it hasn't been the same since and it means I can't enjoy my Tiger as much as I want to.

- Kit originally bought in 2010, IVA'd in 2011. It is correctly registered as a Tiger on the V5, and has an age related G-reg number plate.
- 2350 miles - I've done about 550 of these in the past 2 years.
- 1.6 Pinto rebuilt by previous owner. Cylinder head skimmed and three angled valve seats cut in. Runs on unleaded fine.
- All coolant hoses, water pump, thermostat and thermostat housing replaced
- Brake master cylinder replaced, new EBC greenstuff pads, brake fluid done
- New Weber 32/36 carb, K&N air filter and Filter King fuel filter/pressure regulator
- Ford quickshift
- Team Dynamics alloys and Toyo Proxes T1R tyres - new in August 2019
- New Intatrim Ranger seats fitted last year
- Caterham wind deflectors
- Home made tonneau cover, which is rough around the edges but does the job
- MOT December - passed the last one with no advisories

Runs nicely (possibly a bit rich), and starts first time. Some age related scratches/marks etc. to gel coat. Temperature gauge has stopped working - will try to investigate why. 

Car is located in Nottingham.

£4500ono

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Some pics attached

Attached Images
jpeg 656B3EA5-B3A4-4B76-B899-D4E343433009.jpeg (686.70 KB, 36 views)
jpeg B356315A-853A-4D9F-BF66-398FAA26561D.jpeg (716.68 KB, 34 views)
jpeg 1184F294-7BB4-4E91-8CFF-AA4C3DD6D46B.jpeg (727.14 KB, 34 views)
jpeg B8168B20-1A41-45E5-8A74-A6A7E17C7E58.jpeg (702.26 KB, 35 views)
jpeg C5D03CE2-92EA-40BE-9CEE-9CE864E5F9EA.jpeg (553.62 KB, 31 views)
jpeg 2C497B59-8FF3-4C2F-AD1F-E5C22FF7A044.jpeg (528.27 KB, 36 views)
jpeg 14F1C40D-EB51-48DC-AED0-5AFACE07A29A.jpeg (601.63 KB, 35 views)
jpeg 7DDD4C00-87AD-4E62-8C2D-30B35F5AF4E0.jpeg (577.84 KB, 34 views)

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejt7777
Some pics attached

Edward! nooooooooooo!!!!
ejt7777

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Haha, the only person who calls me Edward is my mother, and even then only when I'm going to get told off! [biggrin]

I know. The Tiger looks lovely in those pics, which were taken after I went out for a blat yesterday. Unfortunately, after about 15 miles my clutch leg went dead with pins and needles and my lower back muscles went into spasm. I listed it here whilst thoroughly p*ssed off with it this morning.

I spoke to Tiger racing a little while afterwards, once I'd calmed down a bit. It seems that my existing pedal box is a Sierra one where the pedals haven't been modified, and I should be able to change my driving position (and liberate some more legroom) by fitting a floor mounted pedal box close to the bulkhead.

If anyone has done this and can verify how much it improves things, I would appreciate it - one last roll of the dice with it. Else, I think she'll have to go, which would be a shame given the improvements and cash spent on it this past 18 months.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 

I fitted a floor mounted OBP pedal box and also moved it forward an inch. Also I cut a recess in the tunnel for a foot rest. I never measured the change but it about 2 inches. 

I also have a seat base that is lifted up at the leading edge and gives better support.

Alec

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
546193A4-C300-4C75-8E4A-BD1716196DC8.jpeg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
It was hard work and needs to be taken on moving it forward as it gets close to the bell housing. We also welded as steel plate about 10 inches long in the flooor to mount it to and a steel upright at the end of the footwell.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi Alec,

Thank you for this; v useful info. I had a look at my existing Sierra pedals earlier, and they have not been modified to give additional leg room.

I'm going to speak to Tiger again tomorrow to see what they think regarding additional room with one of their pedal boxes, and take things from there.

Cheers
Ed

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
When you say not modified are they not cut and shut ? If so there are some big gains. i Have my old set of pedals lying in the shed it would be simple swop over t try out. I don’t know where you are based?
alec

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
I notice you have a padded seat, looks nice but takes up room. Fibre glass shell seats make a difference

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by althecate1
When you say not modified are they not cut and shut ? If so there are some big gains. i Have my old set of pedals lying in the shed it would be simple swop over t try out. I don’t know where you are based?
alec

Hi Alec,

I’m based in Nottingham. The pedals have not been cut and shut - they are completely standard. If the pedals are surplus to your requirements I’d be happy to buy them off you to try.

Thanks
Ed

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejt7777
Haha, the only person who calls me Edward is my mother, and even then only when I'm going to get told off! [biggrin]

I know. The Tiger looks lovely in those pics, which were taken after I went out for a blat yesterday. Unfortunately, after about 15 miles my clutch leg went dead with pins and needles and my lower back muscles went into spasm. I listed it here whilst thoroughly p*ssed off with it this morning.

I spoke to Tiger racing a little while afterwards, once I'd calmed down a bit. It seems that my existing pedal box is a Sierra one where the pedals haven't been modified, and I should be able to change my driving position (and liberate some more legroom) by fitting a floor mounted pedal box close to the bulkhead.

If anyone has done this and can verify how much it improves things, I would appreciate it - one last roll of the dice with it. Else, I think she'll have to go, which would be a shame given the improvements and cash spent on it this past 18 months.

Yessssssss Ed! I knew it was an April fools joke 😁
Sorry to hear about your troubles mate, let’s hope an alternative solution exists.
russellainsby

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 
Hope you get it sorted and keep it.

If you could post up some pictures of the modified Sierra pedals that would be great. I don’t require extra legroom (despite being 6’3) but would be good to see how they could offer some flexibility.

Ps. I think you listed the car too cheaply. I’ve seen some utter dogs with no SVA/IVA sell for more recently.

Refined by an idiot !
althecate1

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #14 
This is a picture. Of the pedals the standard pedals are shaped To sit in the footwell of the Sierra. The mod you do is to cut a vee bend it flat so at full travel the lower part of the pedals sit flat against the tiger bulkhead. Plate and weld it up. A9164960-BDBB-41AA-9B48-8613DD1643EB.jpeg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #15 
Ed,
I don’t need money for them, I’m in Wolverhampton not that far if you wanted to collect social distancing will be applicable.
if you want them posted I would need to strip the 2 pedals Of the asssembly and it gets a bit messy.

Alec

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #16 
Hi Alec,

That's extremely kind - thank you.

I'll drop you a PM.

Ed

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by althecate1
This is a picture. Of the pedals the standard pedals are shaped To sit in the footwell of the Sierra. The mod you do is to cut a vee bend it flat so at full travel the lower part of the pedals sit flat against the tiger bulkhead. Plate and weld it up. A9164960-BDBB-41AA-9B48-8613DD1643EB.jpeg 

Thanks Al. I’ve just checked and mine haven’t been cut. However the clutch pedal currently travels all the way back to the bulk head. I’m guessing that’s not normal ???

I did actually consider shortening the pedals as that should also shorten the travel distance (from the lowest point)

Refined by an idiot !
althecate1

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #18 
The pedal will travel back to the bulkhead, but you are increasing the legroom by closing the gap between the bottom of the pedal and the bulkhead. 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #19 
Hi, do a search on here for 'clutch quadrant' If you change the original quadrant for a larger one it will give you more cable pull for less pedal travel, this will allow you to cut/adjust he clutch pedal so its start position is closer to the bulkhead.
SteveCatE1

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerEd
Hi, do a search on here for 'clutch quadrant' If you change the original quadrant for a larger one it will give you more cable pull for less pedal travel, this will allow you to cut/adjust he clutch pedal so its start position is closer to the bulkhead.

I agree with this, when I got my Tiger the clutch was okay when it was cold but after everything had warmed up it was tricky to get into reverse and first.

I investigated this and found that I had a RED 45mm clutch quadrant installed.
I sourced a 55mm quadrant from eBay and fitted this, no more issues.

I fitted P/N 6189055 as this is a 55mm quadrant.
There are lots on eBay, bit of a faff to change but definitely worth it.

Note, Colour does not necessarily mean it is a certain size, see picture below on how to tell the difference.

clutch quadrants.jpg 

Cheers
Steve

russellainsby

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #21 
That's all,  those pics and part numbers are great Steve.   Would be such a shame if the forum did close down because information like this, from those that have already done it is invaluable.

I'll have a look over the weekend and see If I can see from underneath.  Otherwise I'll just order one and then be prepared to change it anyway as i'll have to drill the pedal box cover rivets off.  I've got a spare pedal assembly somewhere, I'm sure the quadrant on that one is yellow.

Refined by an idiot !
TigerEd

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #22 
Not sure if this helps, but just had a quick measure and my clutch sits approx 180 mm from the bulkhead and the pedal looks straight.
ejt7777

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #23 
A little update at this end...

I’ve fitted the pedals kindly offered by Alec. The difference between non-modified and modified clutch and brake pedals is shown in the pics. I’m going to modify the accelerator accordingly.

The difference to my driving position is massive. Legs no longer wrapped around the steering wheel and no fouling my right knee on the steering column when going from accelerator to brake.

Not going to test drive it until the weather improves and I’ve done the accelerator, but fingers crossed.

Admin Paul - please could you move the technical bits of this thread to the Technical discussion, and delete my For sale advert.

Attached Images
jpeg AE8F491C-5A4D-4E6B-9176-BBD9699F6759.jpeg (1020.45 KB, 10 views)
jpeg A00CF73A-B88B-483E-BF3B-45E32B6A92A5.jpeg (810.37 KB, 11 views)

ejt7777

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #24 
Interestingly, the quadrant on my clutch pedal seems to have a 60mm pivot - see pic below.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #25 
I’ve re-used this with my modified clutch pedal and the clutch bottoms out before the bulkhead

Attached Images
jpeg 5A607E16-ACC8-43A1-9F13-EC591F54F444.jpeg (907.52 KB, 9 views)

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club