Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
AndyR6

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Hello all, just after a few pointers, I have purchased the Tiger repackable silencer in my efforts to keep noise down without additional baffles being fitted for track days photo below. Has anyone else fitted one of these to an R6 or similar with a roll cage, I have offered it up and everything seems very tight around the roll cage. the angle of the 4 -1 also seems way out of position even with the flexi I have fitted. I will give Paul a ring this week but any comments or advise pictures would be appreciated. I need to get 2 new brackets fabricated to support the silencer as well, but need to get the position right before I start chopping metal.

Silencer larger type repackable (quieter)

thanks in advance

Andy W
snoble80

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
There are some pics here of one on Gazza's car.

http://forums.tigerownersclub.co.uk/post/for-sale-repackable-silencer-7356650?pid=1286983552

I plan to do the same thing soon and will have to cut pipe after the 4 into 1 and angle it out further, then re-weld it. Note the second mounting bracket that comes off the cage, to help support the extra weight of the larger can.

Simon
Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi all,

You need to weld a small bracket / plate onto the roll cage and use a mini cotton reel rubber to help provide  support to the silencer.

As you can see if you have a full cage you also need to space the exhaust out a bit at the rear.

Paul at Tiger Racing welded a small plate inside the car on the lower chassis rail to take the larger support rubber .

The silencers are good but depending on your level of engine tuning you might find that you need to still repack the silencer at regular periods.

Remember to mark the end cap and silencer body so they will line up easily when putting it back together again.

Gazza

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 
Thankyou gents, I spoke to Paul and he confirmed a bit of cut and shut would be required, I have ordered a flexi coupling to weld in hopefully this will suit. I have 2 clamps to go round the main can which will be mounted on to rubber bobbins and then onto a suitable bracket mounted under the vehicle. I hope to get this well on the way this weekend.

Once completed I will upload a couple of pictures.

cheers
andy w
Si_ss1

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi
image1.jpeg
Small is the way foward!

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club