Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Toast

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi guys,

Looking for a nice car for road use and some track Days.
Prefer Duratec Engine. Zetec could be fine if it is powerful, SC or turbo no problem.

Cheers
Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Toast,

I am looking to sell my Tiger R10 if you are interested which has a revised upgraded suspension and many other parts.

I will send some pictures when I have resized them

Gazza

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Gazza,

You got pm [wink]
MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
What are you going for now Gazza or have you retired from racing?

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Mark,

I feel that I have developed the Tiger as much as I can and have reduced the weight of the car by some +/- 100 kg at this time with the upgraded front suspension, new lighter Cage, I have moved the Battery, and oil tank to give a better corner weight.

But you are still giving away perhaps 80kg when compared to the Caterhams.

I am just testing the water and if there is interest in the car it will be the key as to which way I will go.

Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Excellent, keep us updated, so the racing boots are still on at the moment 😉

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
Hi all.

I’m new to the forum, and like Toast, I’m looking for a R6 or R10 for road use and occasional track time. Zetec/Sigma would be ok but Duratec is preferred.

Thank you.
Rexholme

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #8 
Hi

I should probably add some context. Firstly I am new to se7en type kit cars but a few rides in my mate's Caterham has got met hooked; plus they're are one of the few machines that fit in my TINY garage.

I'm looking for a road going/road legal car for main fast-road and SKCC type meet-ups but also occasional track use (est. twice a year). I suspect that 170-180bhp would be more than sufficient given that an S1 Elise weighs c.730kg, apparently has 118bhp and 122lb ft of torque and good for 0-60mph circa.6 secs. 

The appeal of the R6 for me is that reviews praise the the tubular chassis and de-dion combination for how well it handles:

"...it does lack the polish of some more established rivals, but it’s seriously close in terms of the overall handling ability and performance levels.".

"...having driven a higher-end Tiger with the company’s more sophisticated tubular chassis, it’s evident that it does have the know-how to create seriously entertaining and competitive sports cars."

Hopefully that provides a little more context and thank you to those who have provided me with some advice and considerations already.

Best wishes

Mike
leegav

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #9 
Mines up for sale too.
R6 high spec zetec
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club