Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Benjiwool

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
hi guys just got my self a tiger r6, an the centre console is bare plastic around the hand brake/gear knob, does any one have some links were sells the trim that goes along the console,going to need to caplets is it better to diy or can they be brought to fit.
ejt7777

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Tiger should be able to provide you with one

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
I can t see any on their sight, in general are there any other this that sell parts to to widen the net a bit an a bit of variety, only had it a few days had a brack snap that holds the front mudgaurd on, getting that into a garage, then plan on a nice trim set if I can find 1 , seats, carpets, window screen as I can't get on with the small areo type
ejt7777

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
If you are able to look on Tiger Racing's Facebook page, they did a post on tunnel tops on 25th April. They are sold as part of their carpet set too, but if you give Laura a call at Tiger I bet she'd be able to give you a price for just the tunnel top if that's all you need.

Likewise, I'm sure they'd give you a price for a windscreen, or alternatively put a "wanted" post on the forum in case anyone is looking to swap theirs out for an aero screen.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi mate,

Sure that I have a tunnel carpet surround from Tiger sat in the garage. Never been fitted as I have made my own surround.

Let me know if still needing.

Cheers

Steve
MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Soft bits for sevens, Oxted trimming will all do trimming, but Tiger will be cheaper than those I wouldn't mind betting.

On the front cycle wing mount, that is a Tiger part so you will either need to weld it up or buy another one from them as no one else will do the same size etc.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Give Laura a Call at Tiger Racing she will be able to give you a price for a full internal trim full edged ready to fit.

Gazza

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #8 

What problem do you have with the aero screen?

I am thinking of changing my screen out for an aero in the very near future.

Benjiwool

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
Thanks guys ill look in to it, bit late on reply apologies, its not that I don't like the small areo, but wen I had a go in my brothers who's got window screen felt better seeing the end of the bonnet an he doesn't always were a lid were i feel i have to in mine flys hit head an my glasses, least in his they hit the screen if it makes sense, also feel more free without a lid on, but wen going out an pushing on, lids on because you never no
Kitsmn

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #10 
I bought an R6 last year and internal trimming was on my to do list. However I now quite like the minimalist racer look and worry that trim would get wet if you're out in the rain since even with the roof it is not very waterproof! I'd drive it for a bit and see if you still feel the same about the trim.

Rgds
Steve
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjiwool
Thanks guys ill look in to it, bit late on reply apologies, its not that I don't like the small areo, but wen I had a go in my brothers who's got window screen felt better seeing the end of the bonnet an he doesn't always were a lid were i feel i have to in mine flys hit head an my glasses, least in his they hit the screen if it makes sense, also feel more free without a lid on, but wen going out an pushing on, lids on because you never no

It is all a matter of personal choice and what works best for you.
I have built a Cat with a full screen and a Supercat with a small aero screen.
For the odd blat with the aero screen I used a decent pair of sun glasses and a lid for longer trips, but you never know when some thing could fly up and hit you.
For me though, there is no fun out in an open topped car wearing a crash helment.
I still run my Cat with a full screen and feel much safer as I do in my daily ride that also is a convertible.

Monster_UK

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
I have an aero screen and used to wear impact resistant glasses on short trips and helmet on longer. A few weeks back I got caught on the temple by a stone on a 40 mph stretch... quite a graze! Helmet every time for me now.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_UK
I have an aero screen and used to wear impact resistant glasses on short trips and helmet on longer. A few weeks back I got caught on the temple by a stone on a 40 mph stretch... quite a graze! Helmet every time for me now.

Ouch!!
Monster_UK

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #14 
Thankfully I didn't have a pretty face to start with!
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #15 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_UK
Thankfully I didn't have a pretty face to start with!

A brick hit mine, my wife said I looked better for it. 🤣
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club