Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Raginnis

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Ten weeks waiting and sweeping the garage is over. So, help from you experienced people please? I have downloaded the manuals from this site , but can't wrap my head around in what order everything should be done? Does anyone have a crib sheet?
Oh, and at the risk of being nerdy, has anyone fitted a heater in an R6 - ideas welcomed.

Thanks
Peter (Mousehole )
catman

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
You don't need a heater, that's what the engine is for LOL, seriously the car will warm quite a lot from the engine being inchs from your legs.

Welcome to the site

Ed

190lbs/ft
pauld

Trader
Reply with quote  #3 
Alloy panels , pedals brake lines , fuel lines , wiring loom , petrol tank ,and pump ,rear suspension body tub,front suspension m dash, and dials ,engine well that's enough for you to get on with ,if your in doubt please call me in the work shop on 01945466209 regards Paul @ tiger
Raginnis

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld
Alloy panels , pedals brake lines , fuel lines , wiring loom , petrol tank ,and pump ,rear suspension body tub,front suspension m dash, and dials ,engine well that's enough for you to get on with ,if your in doubt please call me in the work shop on 01945466209 regards Paul @ tiger
Raginnis

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Paul, excellent, just what I needed! getting started today!

Peter

Raginnis

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman
You don't need a heater, that's what the engine is for LOL, seriously the car will warm quite a lot from the engine being inchs from your legs. Welcome to the site Ed
Raginnis

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
Ed, thanks, hadn't thought of that! 

Peter

Raginnis

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raginnis
Paul, excellent, just what I needed! getting started today!

Peter

Raginnis

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #9 
Paul, made a start! Could you confirm that the big floor pan panel is installed on the underside of the space frame , but all the other panels are on the inside? The manual refers to some panels being bent or formed around the frame but I can't find any diagrams or photos of which. Can you expand please?

Thanks a lot

Peter
pauld

Trader
Reply with quote  #10 
Yep floor pans on the underside every thing else inside and don't worry about it to much just remember all they do is keep out the water !!!
brightonric

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #11 
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman
You don't need a heater, that's what the engine is for LOL, seriously the car will warm quite a lot from the engine being inchs from your legs. Welcome to the site Ed

Could not agree with that more!  Have a Tiger R6 running a 2.0 Zetec.

It chucks out a ton of heat - legs very warm even when its around 6 deg c. Infact 'leg heating' (cooking) is a bit of an issue in warm weather and slow moving traffic. 

When the weather is cold - i tend to put the doors on to keep the wind down - and wear a decent northface jacket and beanie hat... job done. You dont need anything else.... 

Good luck with the build - will be happy to send some photos of teh car if you need support... 

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #12 
Richard thanks for the offer of help, may need it! Finding the lack of info on the panelling a bit frustrating at present. But finding my way through - I think!
Posted separately about what is and isn't acceptable for the IVA - any input you can offer would be useful
Thanks & regards

Peter
Raginnis

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #13 

Paul, today's dum questions:
I am about to start installing the fuel lines prior to the De Dion. I have reviewed the Alpha Performance manual and the following questions have cropped up.
1) They say the fuel line from the tank to the pump needs to be 12mm but I seem to have only 8mm in the kit?
2) what is the best location for the pump (and filter) The pump,needs to be gravity fed - so presumably below the tank?
3) on the Alpha fake circuit diagram there is a "fuel pressure regulator" in the return line to the tank. What does this look like and where should it be located? Presumably by the engine as it needs to be connected to the inlet manifold as well?
4) in the kit with the pipe fittings there is a small red coloured unit with a pipe fitting each end (about the size of a cotton reel) What is that and where does it go?

Thanks again
Peter
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #14 
1) 8mm is fine - my injection pump has a 12mm inlet and 8mm outlet.

2) The filter and pump both need to be below the base level of the tank - I would recommend you fit the rear components, even if only temporarily, to ascertain the best location for these.

3) The fuel pressure regulator will look something like the picture below.  This should be located as close to the end of the fuel rail as possible.  The connection from the end of the rail goes into the side entry.  The return to the tank into the bottom and the top entry is left open to the atmosphere.

[WFR535_thumb] 

On my Cat, I fed the supply into the rear most throttle body, then from the front, the fuel line loops around and the FPR sits underneath the throttle bodies using the bracket attached to the chassis rail.

4) If you can post a picture it may help identify what it is - if you have trouble posting a picture, just e-mail it to me admin@tigerownersclub.co.uk

snoble80

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #15 
No.4 will be the fuel tank vent valve.
https://www.merlinmotorsport.co.uk/p/roll-over-valve-in-line-with-1-4-6mm-push-on-tails-m-trl7
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club