Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
8dja

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi guys,
Have an issue with the oil pressure gauge, basically it goes all the way up as soon as the ignition is switched on.
Can someone let me know how the Tiger gauge should be wired.
It’s connected to a pinto oil sender with single round connector.

Happy to listen to why you think it’s going all the way up with ignition on.

Thanks
Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Sounds like it is going straight to earth probably due to incorrectly connected, Jim at tiger racing will be willing and able to talk you through how it should be ( he helped me sort my fuel gauge wiring out a few months ago, call him on 01945 466200

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks I will try calling tomorrow.
8dja

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Haven’t had a chance to contact Tiger yet as a issue with my clutch started. I have noticed however that with the ignition switch on (engine not running) the oil pressure gauge is at the bottom, as soon as I start the engine the gauge moves up to maximum.
It basically the same this it does if you disconnect the sender cable from the back of the sensor while power is switched on.

Am I correct it can’t be an engine fault as would not go to max that quick so is lively to be either earth issue or faulty sender.

Is s specific sender needed for the Tiger gauge?

Thanks
TigerEd

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi,
The Tiger gauges are supplied by ETB Instruments, have a look on their website for a wiring diagram and give them a call about the sender, they are very helpful.

Schrodinger

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
If all you are using is the guage and not a warning light I think I have a sender where the guage part works but the warning light doesn't if that's any use. 
Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
I said above that Jim at tiger helped me out with my wiring but on reflection it was Colin, a very knowledgeable fella

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks, I think it may well be the sender as I tested it tonight and the oil pressure goes up to max at the same speed as it does when I just disconnect the wire from it.
Put a multimeter negative probe on the tip of the sender and the other on the battery positive, with engine off it registers 12v so getting earth from engine block. Start the engine and it registers just 0.01
8dja

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dord
I said above that Jim at tiger helped me out with my wiring but on reflection it was Colin, a very knowledgeable fella

Thanks for the info, just had a chat with Colin and he seems to think the sender that is fitted is the wrong type (single push fit connecter), it needs to be a 2 pin type. Will give it a go when it arrives.
8dja

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrodinger
If all you are using is the guage and not a warning light I think I have a sender where the guage part works but the warning light doesn't if that's any use. 

Thanks for the offer, it sounds like that is the type I need so have ordered one from Tiger as I might look at connecting a light as well.
Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
I got a union from demon tweets that allows you to connect an oil pressure gauge and light both into it

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dord
I got a union from demon tweets that allows you to connect an oil pressure gauge and light both into it

The ETB sender that Tiger uses doesn't need the union as the sender has 2 connections, one for the warning light and one for the guage.
https://www.etbinstruments.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=99&product_id=75

Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 
Damn it I wish I’d seen that before I fitted mine
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club