Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
snippy

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Does anyone have any photo`s of Tiger`s Floor mounted pedal set up they can post up please? Particularly fitted in an Avon. I`m looking at fitting them into an Avon chassis but would like to see where they sit to work out how much extra leg room I can generate from the current Sierra pedals. Ta.
MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
I did this swap, but don't have any pictures unfortunately.

It does make a difference, I am 6'1'' and it was too cramped but after the change it was fine - don't know if that really helps but I would say it's well worth the effort.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Snippy,

It is not a easy swap as it requires the fitting and welding into the footwell a steel floor plate and another to be fitted to the bulkhead.

I did have a set of Tiger pedals fitted in my car but I have now removed them and fitted a set from Brake-Comp for Kit cars as they have a cut out to allow you to get over the bottom chassis rail.

The type of pedals you fit will depend on the engine type -

Zetec / Pinto = Cable Clutch so you will only need a throttle and brake pedal.

Duratec = Hydraulic Clutch so it will be the full 3 pedal set up.

The next issue is are you going to fit a Brake Bias System and you are also going to have to re-think how the throttle cable is going to work as the Tiger System still relies on a top mounted throttle pedal which is easy, you puch on the pedal and the pivot point above pulls the throttle cable.

A floor mounted Throttle Pedal requires a different way to get it to pull on the cable.

I opted to go down the Drive by Wire system fitted to throttle bodies which also took some sorting out as it was too sensitive in the begining,

The other issue I had was even with a brake bias the rear of the car was massively over braked and would lock too easily which required me to fit a new master cylinder.

You will also find that you will need to fit a stainless tube for the brake bias adjustment as the flexi hose / cable supplied just twisted up all the time.

I have put some picture below 

Tiger Racing - Set up.jpg
Tiger Racing Floor Mounted Pedals that rely on a proportioning valve to restrict the brake fluid to rear brakes.

Siltech Racing Pedal Box with Brake Bias.jpg 
Floor Mounted Pedals in my car with brake bias, the stainless steel pipe can be seen on the right of picture.
You will also see the massive springs on the throttle pedal to give some feeling, there have been more springs fitted to help damp the pedal reaction as it was too sensitive.

I did mine when I took the engine and gearbox out to give as much space as possible.

Best Regards,

Gazza  

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi,

It is worth a call to Tiger, I am not suggesting Gazza is wrong, as he is knowledgeable on all things Tiger, but:

I believe that the Avon has a different braking system and master cylinder to the R6 that Gazza had and that the avon already has a brake proportioning valve located in the rear end. When I made the change, I did not fit a brake bias and had no problems.

Also, the Avon - certainly the latter ones (which I think yours is) already have a medal plate welded into the floor plan (you do need something on the end panel, but it depends if that is built into the pedals you buy) - One thing that I did do was to take the alloy paneling off the inside of the tunnel box section and move it to the outside as this gained even more room.

One like this already has the part to mount the master cylinder and will fit around the box section once you move the ali panel as mentioned above.

http://www.obpltd.com/Pedal-Boxes/Victory-Range?product_id=1055

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks for this chaps. My Avon chassis already has the steel plate welded to the floor so that`s ok. I already have the Sierra brake bias valve plumbed in so don`t really plan to fit a bias balance bar and twin reservoirs. I had already thought about removing the tunnel end panel and moving it backwards a couple of inches or so. I did this on my Cat E1 years ago to give the pedals longer travelling space. I might go for a 3 pedal set up and move Tigers accelerator further back also. It`s food for thought. 

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club