Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Adamdyno

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 

Does anyone have a Cat e1 for sale in the south coast area, I live in Bournemouth so within approx 50 mile radius.

I would like one ideally ready to drive, full MOT etc without anything major to do in the first year. I would consider anything though.

sweetshackdad

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 
Is it only a Cat e1 you are after as I may know of a super six
Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
The Super 6 is a much better car than the Cat E1 but will also be a bit more money as they dont seem to come up for sale very offten.

I know which one I would choose if I had a pick of cars.

Try calling Tiger Racing as well to see what stock they have, they did have a Oxford Blue Tiger Super 6 over there the other day with a 1700 engine but if you have never driven a 7 type car will make your eyes light up.

I cant remember what the price was but it was around the £4,500 + mark and the other positive is that if looked after and kept in the same condition you will still get a similar price in a few years time.

Gazza 

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 
My choice was more decided by budget and size. I'm just shy of 6 ft medium to large build. I would consider anything really. Budget is 4K
Adamdyno

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Contacted tiger racing but they do not have anything for sale, but thanks for letting me know.
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #6 
Slightly above your budget, but a very tidy car is for sale at:

http://forums.tigerownersclub.co.uk/post/tiger-cat-e1-for-sale-7791018?pid=1290564895

If you're interested, I can pass on contact details as the owner doesn't frequent here too often.
Adamdyno

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks, Is a bit far for me to travel but does look tidy.
GurstonTiger

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
 Bit closer to you, don't know if its still for sale though...

http://www.kitcar-trader.co.uk/tiger-kit-cars-for-sale/tiger-super-cat-e1
GurstonTiger

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
Or this one near Bristol

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2002-TIGER-CAT-E1-Kit-car-2L-Pinto-Engine-with-Weber-32-36-carb-130-BHP-/191763128109?hash=item2ca5f91f2d:g:YTkAAOSwUdlWe4U0
Adamdyno

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #10 
The one in Bristol I went to last weekend. Loved it but didn't fit in it. Seat was too far forward and steering wheel was too big. Couldn't move my foot between accelerator and brake. Made him an offer last night but it was too low for him to accept.
GurstonTiger

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
You can change the seats to the thinner, more upright squabs like these: http://www.tigerracing.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=26&products_id=267

And changing the steering wheel for a smaller one is also quite possible. 
Adamdyno

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #12 
I met with another Tiger owner to see what they had done, as you said small wheel different seats should be all I need, I have Made an offer on that one but I know it's less than he wants so it's just a waiting game now,
Dick

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 
You have a pm
Neil

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #14 
I'm 6'1" and have a tiger cat E1.
Best modification I've done is to cut, bend & weld the pedals to give more legroom.
Much cheaper than replacing with floor mounted pedals.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club