Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
8dja

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,
I’m currently looking to buy a Tiger Cat E1 or SuperCat.

Looking for a 2.0l, have a max of £4000

Happy to do work on the car if required but needs to be usable as would likely want to drive it home.

I’m located in Wiltshire but happy to drive a couple of hours to collect if needed.

Many thanks
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Aha! Welcome! You’ve come over from the locost dark side 😬👍 - Andy
8dja

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Yep, hopefully someone on here will have a Tiger that needs a new owner :)
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Fingers crossed!!😊🤞
8dja

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Seen a Tiger on eBay at the moment which says it still needs IVA.

How hard are these to pass and is it worth taking on a build which has already started

Thanks
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Hi mate I’ve just looked at this on eBay. I’ve asked the seller a couple of questions about it. It would be good to know what the reserve is set at because on top of the sale cost you’ll need to add collection, then after you’ve tinkered with it you'll need to add another £450 (I think for the IVA) and then possibly another £90 for a retest. I don’t know if these figures are correct as I’ve only had a quick look on the .gov website.
The car is only 20 miles away from me, I could look it over for you if you’re interested.
There’s experienced builders on this forum who’ve put their cars through the IVA (I never have) and hopefully they will comment further. 😊👍 - Andy
8dja

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Thanks Andy, that’s very much appreciated.
With not ever having a kit car before I don’t know what to look out for when it comes to the testing of these.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
I’ve PM’d you
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
I have built 2 cars and put them through SVA, now IVA and the second one was a part built car which I took down to rolling and rebuilt it as needed it done properly. I had problems getting the application approved to test it as  they kept requesting more build pictures. I also had no chassis plate with the car but knew who had bought the kit originally and Tiger supplied the plate.
Just remember that these cars are hand built and not all to a good standard or how you would have done things.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Hi Brandon

I’m going to look over this Tiger for David, possibly today. Can you just clarify about the pictures. Is that because they want to see various things have been sorted properly that would be covered up after a tiger has been finished?
If there are no pictures would it mean that David would need to strip certain things down so he could take pics?

Thanks - Andy
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
Andy

Only sent a few for the first build but for the second I sent about 6 pictures and  they said they required more  which showed more of the build stages. Very hard once I had finished the car ! It was something to do with it being declared as an amateur build which was asked on the application form. I also went for age related nit a Q . 

Also sent a pm with an bit added, not posted on here !
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks Brandon. Good info. 👌👌👌
Kerrsco22

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 
Hi I have one but you couldn’t drive it home as no engine or box in it fully road registered
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrsco22

ROAD REGISTERED LOL

🤣 I thought I saw a large frog driving a Tiger last year!! 🐸
8dja

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #15 
Hi Andy, noticed you have taken yours apart for a respray before.
How easy is it to remove the rear tub?

Just wondering due to that other Tiger that had the rear out of line and if it’s movable to get it lined up better.
Cheers
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #16 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8dja
Hi Andy, noticed you have taken yours apart for a respray before.
How easy is it to remove the rear tub?

Just wondering due to that other Tiger that had the rear out of line and if it’s movable to get it lined up better.
Cheers

Hi mate it’s an absolute doddle! Drill out the pop rivets around the arch, remove the wiring for the lights and Undo any extra bracing brackets from tub to chassis and it’s off. I’ve done it twice.
8dja

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #17 
Perfect, thanks 😃
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #18 
Quote:
Perfect, thanks 😃

The scuttle is a bit more work but again, all doable, you just have to roll up ur sleeves and get stuck in. That said I’m finding motivation hard today so I’m giving myself a good talking to about being lazy 🤣
Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #19 
Ha I’ve been like that for weeks, I don’t like the damp miserable dark days of winter lol

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #20 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dord
Ha I’ve been like that for weeks, I don’t like the damp miserable dark days of winter lol

Same!
Tony_T70

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #21 

Hello,

I have been thinking about selling my Tiger Cat for a while, I was going to advertise the vehicle at the beginning of the summer. 

I was going to advertise the Tiger for £4,500.

The vehicle is not on a Q plate and comes with a complete folder showing the build and the various parts purchase. The person who built the vehicle also kept a build diary.

This is a Tiger Cat, which is running a 2.0 pinto with twin 45 carbs. 5 speed Sierra type 9 gearbox.

I have owned the vehicle for almost two years, since then I have replaced/upgrade the following:

1. Quick shift gear lever, from Tiger.
  2. Electronic distributor fitted, including new coil, HT leads and spark plugs
  3. Replaced the sealed beam headlamps with normal bulbs.
  4. New brake master cylinder fitted.
  5. New cambelt and water pump fitted/antifreeze.
  6. Replaced the oil and filter.
  7. Exhaust has been re-rapped with heat tape.
  8. New rocker cover gasket.
  9. Replaced the clutch cable with a Sierra Cosworth which is longer than the standard one.
  10. New front indicators.

The vehicle also comes with another 2.0 Pinto engine, I am not sure of the condition. This engine does have a few nice parts, for example a Burton rocker cover and electronic distributor with Ford module.

I also have the aluminium window frame and glass if you wished to replace the aero screen.  

There are a pair of stone guards with the vehicle, the guards are black fibre glass, I have tried to rap them, but not really happy with the finish, hence why they have never been fitted.

I think that the vehicle body work is in good condition and the alloy wheels and tyres are really nice with no major kerbing or marks.

The vehicle does drive really well, the engine pulls well and sounds great.

There is a slight oil leak from the sump gasket area and when turning the steering to the left there is a very slight vibration, which I think is a track rod end.

The vehicle was MOT’d in May, went through the last MOT without any issues.

If you would like any further information please feel free to send me a PM.

I am based in Hampshire Junction 4A M3 

Many thanks

Tony.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #22 
Thanks for all your help guys, Tiger has now been purchased :)
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #23 
Quote:
Thanks for all your help guys, Tiger has now been purchased :)

Pics pics!! 😬
Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #24 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe
Hi Brandon

I’m going to look over this Tiger for David, possibly today. Can you just clarify about the pictures. Is that because they want to see various things have been sorted properly that would be covered up after a tiger has been finished?
If there are no pictures would it mean that David would need to strip certain things down so he could take pics?

Thanks - Andy

I see this car didn’t sell, it got to £2100 if I had somewhere to keep it I think I would ha e been tempted to put a cheeky bid in as it looked decent enough in quality. I know it’s hard to tell from pics but I think still a cheap car at up to £3k

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #25 
I would prefer one to finish off a bit more as want some thing to keep me tinkering. Did't really enjoy my first  build as was dreading the SVA . MY second build was fun and even got to spray it which I had never done before. Must be several un-finished Tigers around due to lack of space and funds and family issues etc, but where?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club