Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Mike70

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi, reference the IVA requirements for my Tiger, being a 2001 Zetec black top it requires a catalytic convertor as per the IVA manual for the pruduction date of the engine, any one with this engine and bike carb set up or similar have any issues at an IVA test? cheers    
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #2 
With a black top, you will require a catalytic converter.  Unfortunately, you also need to have a closed loop fuelling and ignition system to keep the lambda values in check in order to be able to pass IVA.

Realistically, this isn't going to happen and you will need a closed loop injection system to pass IVA with a black top.

Mike70

Reply with quote  #3 
So I'm pretty much buggered then, dam
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #4 
Some people claim they've managed it, but seem evasive on the detail when pushed.

The black top is a better engine than the silver top, but most after market bits are interchangeable.  Would getting a cheap pre-95 silver top for SVA work, then swap to the black top post IVA?
Mike70

Reply with quote  #5 
Looking at all options at the moment, going to sleep on it and try and work out what to do, it's been a track car previously and wanted something modern engine wise rather than the pinto's that were around, as it had everything I wanted bar the IVA
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club