Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
Woody_7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Just wondering if this Avon may be of interest to someone? The car was built by Andrew Carwithen and I must say that, having built a few in my time, the build quality is superb. Now the bad news! I purchased the car to get back into sprints (only at club level) but owing to a disability I needed to convert the clutch to a hand control. I have done this and purchased a new KliKtronic electric shifter (gear change unit) which still needs  fitting - it can be used with paddles but I bought the buttons (which is best for me ) so to use the car the original clutch pedal needs to go back in. I have all the bits and cable, the KliKtronic shift will give you very fast gear changes and has the wiring included to be able to add a flat shifter to give you full throttle up changes (No clutch). I also had a front hoop and stays made to make a full cage, again, still needs fitting. The engine runs sweet - came from AB with to prove. Disc brakes all round, LSD diff, quick rack - this is a great Avon. I have just lost interest so if anyone wants to have a bit of fun getting it back together, it’s a straight forward job. I also have a fantastic lightweight Smart trailer which fits the tiger perfectly so a complete outfit, just pick up and you‘re ready to roll! To buy the trailer alone would be around the £1600 mark so grab yourself a bargain £6500 the lot The car has an MOT and to be honest, if a couple of you got together, it could be on the road in a weekend. If you pay the full price I will throw in a spare engine which has only done 14000 miles. (I was going to build a full race unit). So there you have it - pm me for any more details.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Any pics and where in Norfolk ?
Woody_7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 

Hi Fleggburgh Norfolk
Will do some photos later if you want. To see some photos now, the car is on the Locostbuilders forum under BEC page 327 - under topic ”should I go for Blade power”  Look for the name of the builder and see his photos of build car. The car looks pretty much the same - still in excellent condition. To be honest, I don’t think the car has ever been out in the wet. 
Hope this helps. forgot to mention, the car has electric reverse.
Many thanks
PS the car is also on this forum under topic “blade engine progress” where Andy answers some questions and I think on here he name is Green Pilgrim. This will give you some research to do[smile]

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
 Sorry on this forum that’s under Build Links page 1    ( progress blade engine )
Author terms; the was owned buy Tigergreenpilgrim so got that a back to front it’s a age thing this may help you see more info on the car

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Guys can not seem to download photos on here? But found a lot of the car on  Locostbuilders forum;  look in their photo Archive ( under builders name ) comes up on the right hand side of page car looks the same now 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 

Just to say my Tiger is still for sale. I will sell the trailer and car separately. This is a really nice looking Tiger - if you want a bike engine car (AB built engine) then this is worth considering. Offers invited. I appreciate that at this moment it is impossible to view, but the car will be available when everything hopefully gets back to normal.I cant seem to put photos on here (how do I do that?) I’m a grumpy old man who can just about manage e-mails! ☹️

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
08D7099A-9B90-482A-8FDC-B0D7B015DC2D.jpeg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
BF7613D1-AE8F-4892-8CA3-987EC0D6D07F.jpeg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
AF5E7E8E-015B-4B2F-BF3B-3126E3BF9225.jpeg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
C86EAC00-AA8B-4A27-B1CF-144D3FB3A809.jpeg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
E5B14E08-328B-4059-8D50-5F1541318244.jpeg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
A77BF642-93B6-4A2B-85E6-D1C69A8E7008.jpeg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 

is anybody there 

Yes at last, photos on ,don’t know how but a bit small 
no they’re good 
thanks it took me a long time 
I do like talking to my self 😊

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #14 
I’m here!! Lol nice Tiger Woody. (Isn’t he a golfer?🤣) I’ve got a Tiger so sadly no interest here, but wish you all the best with your sale, nice colour and where did you get that rear diffuser from?
I don’t think there has ever been a worse time in history to sell a car!
Woody_7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #15 
HI Abe
thanks for your comments. The nickname Woody is a long story.
Yes, it is a bad time at the moment to sell - just thought it may interest someone for later. Not too bothered if it sells but just seems a shame that I have just lost interest now,and it’s just sitting there and thought it may help someone out who would like a bike engine car at a sensible price. Did you read my first ad? [MODERATOR NOTE: Now above as threads merged]  It will give you some insight as to why, is a great colour combo. Over the years I‘ve built a few cars and the guy that built this was tops - his built quality is superb. As for the rear diffuser,  it came with the car but I must say it does look good and covers the whole bottom rear end.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #16 
 Many years ago had a Fiat Strada that colour that started to jump out of gear so bought another car and swapped over the gear box, one of the worst cars I have owned .Any more pics of that rear diffuser ?
Woody_7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #17 
Think its a “marmite“ colour, but does look good on a Tiger. Will do more photos of the rear diffuser for you and attempt to put them on later!😊

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #18 
I agree about the colour, but does look good with the black. I would call it Kawasaki Green as that was was their standard colour in the day.
Once all this troubled time is over, you should have no trouble selling as people will be desperate to get out and about. The roads will be full of bikers and kit cars enjoying the fresh air !!!
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #19 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_7
Think its a “marmite“ colour, but does look good on a Tiger. Will do more photos of the rear diffuser for you and attempt to put them on later!😊

Great 👍
Woody_7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #20 
Here we go should have had a clean up first 10F5A4FC-39AB-4B8A-BEA0-C6B94FD1A762.jpeg   

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #21 
A1B72FB5-5151-42D5-9D23-F729891118B5.jpeg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #22 
C314F644-9F7A-43AD-AE52-31FD354E0D44.jpeg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #23 
61B0A05D-7E76-4E2F-9156-2B7AFFAD360A.jpeg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #24 
Thanks for pics. Does it look like a bought item or home made ? You could have tied up before taking pics !!
Woody_7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #25 
Definitely a bought item , it has a really excellent finish.
As for me having a tidy up - no, thats how I work - I drive my wife mad!  😀

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club