Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
gandyyy77

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
hi guys

looking for some advive.

i was out driving and hit some loose stones on a round roundabout and spun the car 180 and hit a curb which ribbed of the lower arm bracket and bend the other one.

would this of twisted the chassis or what other damaged would it of caused.

thanks
MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
My answer would be that it could have, but you might have been lucky. I would get it to Tiger and get them to check it and also complete the repairs to the chassis and then you can rebuild it from there if you want.

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #3 
I would second Mark in that Tiger are best placed to advise.

If you have the Avon book, then I would suggest you can do an initial inspection yourself.  Firstly remove the bodywork for easier access to be able to inspect the chassis throughly and then check all welds look sound, all chassis members are straight, the paint or powdercoating isn't cracked (particularly at joints) and measurements match those in the book.  That should give a good indication as to the state before talking to Tiger.

If in any doubt, get it looked at professionally.

aza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
I third that i work at tiger manufacturing the chassis have you got any photos of the damage. Best thing to do is phone Jim at tiger and speak to him if the damage has gone further than the bracket I can fabricate new sections for us to replace it
gandyyy77

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
thanks for all the advice guys.

it looks like i got lucky. the car has been on the ramp and checked over. chassis has been checked to tiger spec and all is ok no signs of cracks anywhere else. new bracket fitted and wheel alignment done.

happy days i can now enjoy the roads in the sunshine

thanks again 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club