Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Simskin

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all I’ve been hunting for a Tiger for
My first venture into the kit car world , I’ve seen a few Tiger 6s for sale are they worth buying as appossed to the Tiger E1 also are parts for the tiger 6 getting harder to source any info very welcome :-)
MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Personally I much prefer the look of the 6 over the Cat so that would be (and was) my choice. I then went to an Avon.

Re parts, I would imagine that you can still get parts without too much worry but Tiger would be able to confirm (I am not sure if they still make body panels for the 6 or indeed the Cat (through Southways).

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
I have a CAT and all the main components are available as most are ford parts. Some parts can be difficult to know from what model like the front ball joints are transit ( I think ) and what model the brakes came from etc. I built my car so know what year/model. Tiger will always help out with any info about this. I think the 6 used bits from several makes/models.
When I built mine I didn't like the CAT nose so mine has a 6 nose instead.
MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
The Six was a mix of Cortina, Sierra and VW Golf GTI parts on the cars up until about 2005 I believe.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Mark is correct on the parts mix on the 6. I believe the 6 moulds were scrapped as beyond economic repair. But check with Tiger.
Alec

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club