Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Tigersuper6

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #1 
Good morning Gents, I have not been on for a while as the Tiger has been resting up in the garage for a couple of years..

I have just got her up and running again and have got a new MOT..I was wondering if any of you could help with my latest problem...

The exhaust has broken off at the joint on the silencer where it attaches to the main exhaust pipe. this is due to flexing of the whole unit when the car is running.. It currently has 2 x rubber bobbins which the exhaust attaches to and then the bracket.. Have any of you attached your exhausts in a different way to avoid the stress cracking occuring?

Please would you post any picture of your exhausts/fixings so that I may get an idea of how you have all done yours?

Many thanks in advance

Ben

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi, the way you discribe is how must do it. I would look at the engine mounts, are they flexing too much.
IanR6

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
I have seen this sort of thing fitted (this is not the one you need, just for ref)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-x-6-Stainless-Exhaust-Flex-Tube-Joint-Flexi-Repair-Flexipipe-76mm-x-150mm/131096451028?epid=2008220549&hash=item1e85f517d4:g:wA4AAOSwRQxaYdsY

Keep thinking I should fit one on my S6.
Tigersuper6

Reply with quote  #4 
Hi,

Yes I was thinking about a flexible joint...this would probably do the trick. The engine mounts seem fine with no cracks etc.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi, if you have the original Tiger mounts they are quite soft and the engine will move a lot causing the exhaust to crack. I fitted Land Rover mounts, much firmer.
Tigersuper6

Reply with quote  #6 
OK TigerED, thats an idea.. thank you.
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club