Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Myles

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi,

Just fitted my wet weather gear on my Tiger.

It doesn’t fit at the rear - 55mm too short, may need an extension webbing with a male / female stud.

Any thoughts?

Calum

Attached Images
jpeg 04BBF07C-F828-4D0F-B617-54C333B7339B.jpeg (836.42 KB, 19 views)
jpeg 2DCB3916-E9DB-414D-A88C-BDD643711641.jpeg (836.60 KB, 24 views)
jpeg 6592BCE2-059B-4A0A-A9EC-362214A83C64.jpeg (771.97 KB, 22 views)

vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Did you build the car?
Have you had the hood on fitted before?

When I built my Cat I bought my hood several months after. I had fitted the poppers to the front screen but not the back of car and found it was too short. Some how my screen was a bit to upright. Laura at Tiger added a small strip to the front of the hood to gain the extra length, this was easier than re-doing the screen uprights.
So I would fit the rear first and do the same at the front.

Myles

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the advice.
I just bought the car so I don’t know the full history.
TigerEd

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
That's a strange one, it looks a good fit all over. Did you fit it when it was wet? Just asking as the material will shrink when cold, best to fit on a warm sunny day and leave it on in the sun, if we get any😆
Myles

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi,
Fitted when dry, not sure if it ever fitted,

It is only the rear that doesn’t fit.
TigerEd

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Looking at the pics it doesn't look too far off, if the material was warm and soft it would stretch further over the roll bar, the seam across the back looks like it should sit behind the roll bar.
overdriver

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
I'd echo TigerEd's comments re. temperature. The hood can be nigh on impossible to fit when cold. Warming the material with a hair drier can enable it to be stretched.

Is it a Tiger original hood? I ask because it lacks the rear side window that mine has; in fact it looks like a potentially dangerous blind spot!

DSCF0689.jpg 
Personally, I don't use the hood or sidescreens and have a tonneau cover instead (courtesy of Laura).

Michael.

Spent it on fast women and loose cars.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Probably won’t work but what about popping the back ones on first and then the ones over the windscreen, more vinyl to stretch..... maybe 🤔
overdriver

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe
Probably won’t work but what about popping the back ones on first and then the ones over the windscreen, more vinyl to stretch..... maybe 🤔

Be careful with this approach. There is the temptation to force the screen frame to meet the hood with a distinct possibility of cracking the glass. Fixing to all of the fastenings on the screen first (thereby spreading the load across the frame) and working backwards enables any 'elasticity' in the hood to be safely enabled.

Of course, this doesn't work if you are trying to secure the hood whilst in the car - which, like entering and exiting with the hood up, is a feat of extraordinary contortion in itself!

Michael.

Spent it on fast women and loose cars.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdriver

Be careful with this approach. There is the temptation to force the screen frame to meet the hood with a distinct possibility of cracking the glass. Fixing to all of the fastenings on the screen first (thereby spreading the load across the frame) and working backwards enables any 'elasticity' in the hood to be safely enabled.

Of course, this doesn't work if you are trying to secure the hood whilst in the car - which, like entering and exiting with the hood up, is a feat of extraordinary contortion in itself!

Michael.

Good point!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club