Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Blooka

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi
sorry to bother yall again but got a problem with my speedo[confused]
finally been able to get out in m cat e1 and all was well, speedo worked fine then it dropped down to 10 miles an hour when i was going about 50.
its a digital one with a 2 wire magnet speed sensor fitted to the prop.
Im hoping its not the clock thats had it as they look real expensive[eek]
checked wiring to speed sensor and when the magnet is on sensor i get continuity at the speedo plug, was told i should get a/c voltage when wheels spin up is that correct? i did try that with multimeter and got no voltage,   not sure if this is right.
Hope someone canpoint me in the right direction
cheers dave
100073618_284998955989720_397381339277426688_n.jpg  this was on axle stands in fourth gear 100508707_548759892489010_8536007588221812736_n.jpg

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Dave, I’ve got the back of mine lifted up to take a look. I fitted a two wire pick-up last year. With the ignition on I’ve got continuity when the magnet is over the sensor, when it’s not, I’ve got a voltage reading of 1.2 Volts.
I can’t be of much more help than that I’m afraid 🤪
Blooka

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Hi Abe
thanks for checking that for me, Ive just tested mine its also a 2 wire  it  reads 3 volts when the magnet is on the sensor( ignition on) and nothing when its not over it [confused] opposite to yours
i read that if i check it on a/c running it up through the gears it will show a voltage increase but that also shows nothing on
maybe someone can shed more light. Or am i doing something wrong as usual lol
hoping its something simple ive missed
thanks again Abe
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooka
Hi Abe
thanks for checking that for me, Ive just tested mine its also a 2 wire  it  reads 3 volts when the magnet is on the sensor( ignition on) and nothing when its not over it [confused] opposite to yours
i read that if i check it on a/c running it up through the gears it will show a voltage increase but that also shows nothing on
maybe someone can shed more light. Or am i doing something wrong as usual lol
hoping its something simple ive missed
thanks again Abe

I did buy and mount my sensor last year and actually it’s not quite right over 50 mph, the speedo needle can be a bit erratic, I think in part because I fitted two magnets and later realised it wasn’t necessary. I removed a magnet today as I was looking into this for you so will try tomorrow and recalibrate the speedo. I’ve probably done something wrong 🤣

Hope a genius can pop by and comment on yours 🤩
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
I remember now, I bought and fitted a reed switch sensor designed for a motorbike. I don’t think reed switches are the ideal solution as they’re mechanical and can break down over time. I’ll play around with mine tomorrow
Blooka

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
may just bite the bullet and fit another sensor and pray lol
with my luck i"ll probably need a new speedo they look expensive [frown]
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
There was a thread on this mate...rather embarrassingly I’ve commented on it and forgotten. Old age 🤣

https://forums.tigerownersclub.co.uk/post/speedo-8571699?highlight=speedo&pid=1309281973

Ringing ETB is a good plan, they were helpful when I rang them last year. They’re open too 👌

https://www.etbinstruments.com/
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club