Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
jimll2002

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all,

Got a really odd problem and didn't know I'd anyone can help
I have a 2016 new built tiger Avon, tiger wiring loom with dunnell throttle bodies.

Recently when I get up to about 80-85 the speedo and rev counter stop working, as I slow down under 70 they start working again, not always at the same time,.

Has anyone ever had this happen or have any idea what the problem might be ?

Thanks in advance
TigerEd

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi, not sure where you start with this one. Sounds like a common fault for both to fail, maybe a power problem? They usually get there feeds from different places, Rev counter from the ECU and the speedo from a sensor somewhere. I had problems with my speedo at speed and that was due to the sensor bracket flexing, made a more rigid one fixed the problem. Good luck.

evans1089

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Check the speedo cable in the gearbox is fitted correctly. I had mine loose and it eventually made it so the rev counter wouldn't read the speed. It was literally just spinning in the gearbox hole.
Iang

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi, I had a problem with rev counter not working consistently on my Tiger , I found it was a poor earth connection to the rev counter, good luck with finding it
jimll2002

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks to everyone for replying, as the rev counter and the speedo both playing up i guessed it could have only been the common earth or feed, I made another earth wire and it stayed the same, then started to look at the feed, it turned out to be the alternator at fault, one of the wires inside had a broken terminal that was still contacting but as I went faster the vibration made it worse
evans1089

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Glad you got it sorted mate [thumb]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club