Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #26 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vji4058

Any one got one fitted and from where ?
Very quite on here, thought most would be isolating at home with time to spare !

I am isolating and spending loads of quality time with the Tiger, getting lots done. 😁
ejt7777

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #27 
I took mine off the back this week. Used a bit of masking tape on the GRP and found that my Dremel’s cutter was good enough for the job.

I bought a 20” vinyl roundel off eBay, as the spare wheel had damaged the gel coat in a large circle, and plan to mount the square number plate over the holes where the spare wheel was mounted through the GRP.

Having taken the wheel off the back, removed some of the carrier and the spare wheel mount from the GRP, it’s saved approx. 18.5kg from the car. Roundels instantly add 10bhp to any car too...

Attached Images
jpeg 6C391CA7-3972-4EBF-9A1C-0286D5679667.jpeg (448.97 KB, 16 views)

vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #28 
Looks like I have started a trend !! 
With all that weight now lost off the back end will be great to check out the difference soon as all this horrible stuff is sorted !!

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #29 
‘Roundels instantly add 10bhp to any car too...’

🤣👍
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe
Great! Are happy with the look? I keep thinking mine looks like it needs something under the back to give it a slightly fuller look, like a diffuser or something. 🤔

Managed to do a bit on the cover idea I had after getting bits online. Her in doors has done a big list to do and got loads done with this great weather.

P1020883.jpg 

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #31 
Brilliant mate. I know it probably doesn’t make much difference but do you think the air passing under the car will get trapped above the inside of that?
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #32 
The rear part is sloped up and attached to the bars that go upwards so above the air flow from the lower level floor. Also it is not a tight fit at the body edge.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
The rear part is sloped up and attached to the bars that go upwards so above the air flow from the lower level floor. Also it is not a tight fit at the body edge.

Sweeet 🤩 nice one
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:

I’m definitely going to be putting mud flaps on mine front and back, I’ll make plastic ones for the front. The back looks odd to me when I stand behind it, and that’s accentuated by my skinny wheels 🤣
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #35 
The problem I see at the rear is there is nothing to fix any thing to in that area. I have flaps fitted at the front I made and helps to stop stones flying up.

P1020749.jpg 

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
The problem I see at the rear is there is nothing to fix any thing to in that area. I have flaps fitted at the front I made and helps to stop stones flying up.

P1020749.jpg 

Oh yeah they look good! Did you find they made a big difference?
I was surprised how many small stones hit me in the face last year when cornering even with a screen. But maybe I should wear a helmet now I’ve got an aeroscreen anyway. Still, front guards will help the paint stay nice I’m hoping.
I’ve already welded a brace bar at the very back to give some rigidity to the back of the tub, I’m just going to weld some extra steel onto that I think and drop the mud flaps off of that.
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #37 
The front flaps do stop a lot of the stones, they were further down before I raised the front struts to give better clearance after clipping the sump. Next job is to remake the stays to be able to turn them further down.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
The front flaps do stop a lot of the stones, they were further down before I raised the front struts to give better clearance after clipping the sump. Next job is to remake the stays to be able to turn them further down.

Yeah the sump is rather low isn’t it!! 😂 I can’t even get it out of my garage without ramps. Front flaps are this week’s project when I get home from work. 😁
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #39 
The suspension mod gains a few inches. Thought I would have plenty of time now with no work but getting all those other jobs done.
Woody_7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #40 
26C5E710-AC05-4021-8793-CE7425BA7954.jpeg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #41 
26C5E710-AC05-4021-8793-CE7425BA7954.jpeg

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #42 
BC2AD67B-2CD5-45DF-82B9-2AB5D2F20A22.jpeg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #43 
Hi guys
just removed the diffuser to paint the frame, as no one what’s the car thought I would have a play. Diffuser covers from the rear of the car to where the alloy floor starts, alloy clip from side to side at floor end clips at rear of car and then two bolts in the middle through the frame looks like it has been modified to fit but has been done well 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #44 
40D10CC6-C2ED-459E-AE8B-7107211E78F2.jpeg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_7
Hi guys
just removed the diffuser to paint the frame, as no one what’s the car thought I would have a play. Diffuser covers from the rear of the car to where the alloy floor starts, alloy clip from side to side at floor end clips at rear of car and then two bolts in the middle through the frame looks like it has been modified to fit but has been done well 

Ah ok, good photos, so the whole axle is covered? That makes sense. I wonder where that diffuser came from, I like it. 🤔
Woody_7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #46 
Looks like the one on the MK site check it out

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #47 
It covers the the whole of rear end of the car nice bit of kit

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #48 
Quote:
Looks like the one on the MK site check it out

Yeah it does, nice find!
Woody_7

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #49 
If you do go for one I will take some photos of the brackets 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #50 
Quote:
If you do go for one I will take some photos of the brackets 

Great thanks
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club