Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Edward_Roots

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 

Hello the time has come to put my super six up for sale,

This is a long winded advert so apologies - but thought I would give the best detail possible. Also the photos below are the only ones I can compress enough to post (I'm struggling to host photos at the moment.) But have loads more photos I can email over to people. 

Price: £4,850
Mileage: 7,637
MOT: 18.10.20 (this had a 6 month extension put on it.) But I can put a fresh year on once lock down is lifted.
Car at the moment would need to be trailed away, the only reason being is that I have fitted two new front calipers and need to bleed the brakes. But can't do this until after lock down. Once lock down is over this will be first on my list - but if it sells before just making you all aware.

V5 in my name, correctly registered as a Super Six, registration date 13.11.2003.
2 Sets of Keys
The car is fitted with a 2.0 Ford “Pinto” engine, with twin weber DCOE 45 Carbs – these are the later type I believe with the extra progression holes and plastic floats. As with most kit cars it has a Ford Type 9 gear box connected to a Ford Atlas rear axle.
15” alloys fitted with 205/50/15 tyres, fronts are 5mm rear are 6mm (recently swapped front to rear.) Spare looks unused.
3” Sparco 4 Point Harnesses
Drivers seat is on runners, so can be adjusted.
Within my ownership I have completed quite a lot of work to the car to bring it up to the standard that it is today. Receipts for all parts below are present.
Servicing Work And Maintenance
Recently replaced both upper trailing arms – including new bushes
Replacement NS engine mount
Oil and filter change (2 oil changes, most recent 15.04.20)
Spark plugs, ignition leads, distributor cap and rotor arm
Air filters
Cambelt and tensioner change, uprated 4” steel bottom pulley with auxiliary belt to match
Complete coolant change
Brake fluid change (whole system)
Exhaust re-wrapped and new rubber mounts
EBC Green Stuff front pads
Rear brake rebuild (new springs, clips, auto adjuster rachets)
Handbrake cables
Rocker cover, exhaust and inlet Manifold Gaskets
Carb Misab gaskets, with new studs, nuts and thackery washers
NS track rod end and inner steering rack gator
New front calipers
Brake light switch
Miscellaneous
Coolant header tank
Cut off switch, with new positive battery cables
Oil filler cap
Carb jet inspection cover
Front indicators, with quick release wiring
New rear fog light
Sparco harness pads

The bodywork on the car is in good condition (original gel coat.) There is a few marks which is as to be expected. The front cycle wings are starting to show cracking but are more than functional. The Super Six is common for the nose to become damaged as it hits on the alternator. I have repaired this but rather than painting the nose have fitted the “6” decal shown. Adjustments have been made so it no longer rubs on the nose. Please note that this is the only sticker covering a repair, the rest can be removed. There was also a little tear on the driver’s seat where the harness had caught it, I have used a repair patch on this.

Vehicle is located in Corby (Northamptonshire) and viewing is more than welcome

Also for an added price I can include the following with the sale, Ignition timing light, Gunson colourtune – with correct adapter for the Pinto spark plugs, carb synchrometer tool, Two Helmets, spare steering wheel, Hard Wired Trickle Charger - With the connector running inside the car so removal of the bonnet isn’t necessary to charge.

Any questions, extra photos or videos etc please ask
Delivery can be arranged for added cost.

Thanks for looking

IMG_20200412_164251.jpg  IMG_20200412_164258.jpg  IMG_20200412_164311.jpg  IMG_20200413_142525.jpg  IMG_20200413_143225.jpg 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
I had wrote this advert with the intention of posting after lockdown and to gauge some interest beforehand. In regards to viewing etc this is welcome, but measures would need to be put into place, I can leave the car on my driveway for viewing to take place without human contact. 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Good Morning, Is the car still for sale? If it is could you send some pics showing as much as possible, do you need my email address to send pics. Regards, Graham
Edward_Roots

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Hello Graham, thanks for the interest. Unfortunately this is now sold. Sorry should of updated the listing. Good luck with your search 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
OK, GOT TO BE QUICK BY THE LOOKS OF THINGS. THANKS FOR GETTING BACK TO ME. REGARDS, GRAHAM.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club