Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Simskin

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all been to look at a tiger super 6 but unfortunately it’s small ie width I can’t get in is the Tiger E1 wider bodied if so by how much ?
althecate1

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
The E1 is slightly wider I recall as I to could not fit a6 in the drivers seat but could Just get in the passenger seat. I bought an E1' there is an xl Cat e1which is much wider than the standard Cat e1 but they are rare. I am 6 foot 1, size 10 shoe, 15 stone.
Alec

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
In a Cat E1, the drivers side is bigger than the passenger side as the prop is off set so think there will be more room for bigger hips.
With the seat right back should be ok for tall guys as well.

snippy

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
There were 3 models of the Cat. Standard Cat E1, Supercat and Cat XL. The XL had a wider chassis giving extra width in the seating area.
I have had a standard Cat E1 for 12 years and I'm 6ft 3. It's comfortable for me with good leg room. I use the pad seats and so there is plenty of room in the width. All 3 models length wise in the cockpit area are the same. There might be an owner of an E1 near you that might let you try theirs for size?

Neil

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
For info
I have cat E1
I'm 6'1"
14 1/2 stone
Fit in well.
I did have some problems with feet and legs on the pedals on longer journeys so got the pedals modified to give more room.
An excellent tweak.
pauliog

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Same here..I have a Cat E1, and am 6'3" tall, and 17 stone. I didn't fit well at first..it had pad seats on runners, which lifted them, and a full screen..the top of which was directly in my line of sight.
The top down pedals were not really suitable for my size 12s either.
I removed the padding from the cabin sides (covered foam on hardboard), replacing it with aluminium sheet.That gave me a bit more side space. I removed the pad seats, and fitted bespoke ones from Intatrim.
What helps tall people is if you tilt seats. I mounted a 3" metal block on the forward underside of the seats, and bolted it and the back of the seat directly to the floor, with a support bracket underneath the floor. The metal block fits snugly behind the floor crossmember.
I replaced the down pedals with a floor mounted set, fitting a small left foot rest on the tunnel wall...and the windscreen was removed to make way for Brooklands aeroscreens. These had to be mounted on a tailor-made stanchion to fit the groove left on the scuttle.
The result is that I can comfortably drive the cars around 2,000 miles of central Europe.
Having said that, I wish I could have found a Cat XL when I was looking for a kitcar....:-)
Despite having found other makes in which I fit more easily, I wouldn't swap my Tiger for any of them......
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club