Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Edward_Roots

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Good Evening

I've had to re-wire my headlight and sidelight switches as part of my electrical teething problems with the car. I should of labelled the wires, but didn't think about the headlight circuit being wired to not operate without sidelights on.  

They are 3 pin switches with LED so a lot more simple than my hazard switch problem, but I have managed to hit a snag.

Between the two switches there is 6 wires, I have managed to figure out 4 of them - I've chased all these back into the main loom - so as far as I'm aware they are all the correct colours. Although looking from wiring diagrams they might not be? 

Black X 2 Earth for LED 
Blue = Seems to be the headlight feed (or side light can't remember, but I can test that when it comes to re-wire.) 
Brown = Permanent live 

There is also another 2 red wires = which are bridged together but have their own input/out put as well.

I presume this is something to do with the headlight live, so that the head lights can't be switched on without the side lights - But I am trying to figure out how everything is wired, as I don't want to short or overload any circuits etc. 

My working out would be as follows:
Black = Earths for LED 
Brown = Power into sidelight switch
Blue = Feed out of headlight switch 
Red Wire X 1 = Feed out of sidelight switch????
Red Wire X 1 = Feed into the headlight switch??? 

I've checked both red wires for live/ignition lives which they aren't - but I wan't to make sure I am wiring the switches in properly and also safely. Also not sure if both red wires are identical? 

Again any help would be greatly appreciated, I was hoping to have the car finished over the week - but at least the end is in sight. 

Many Thanks 

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #2 
I'm guessing your loom has 2 x 6 way fuse boxes as the loom with the single 6 fuse loom only has one red wire for all of the lights?

One red wire goes to one fuse (fusebox AB, no. 5) which in turn goes to a couple of the lights.
The other red goes to another fuse (fusebox AB, no. 4) which goes to another couple of the lights.
The blue wire goes to the indicator switch.
The brown is the live, unfused supply, from the battery.
The black is not a standard connection, but it makes sense they're for the backlight earthing.
Edward_Roots

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you, sorry yes I should of said it is a 12 fuse loom. 

Whats confused me is that there seems to be only 1 live for both switches? I've only traced the wiring back into how the original switches are wired. 

The blue "indicator switch" wire seems to light up the head lights? 

Also one of the problems that has caused an issue with the wiring, is the original builder of the vehicle didn't put a fuse into the fog light switch - so I need to wire this in. 

Many Thanks   

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club