Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
E46m3c

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Chaps,

Just picked up my tiger. Im about 2 foot 2 tall for it at the moment it feels like!

Could you 6ft ers please post some pics of your seating arrangements?

Ive put a quick release boss on the wheel so it now clears my knees (brought it forward 2.5 inches). And with the seat out it should be drivable. would just need to put some padding to raise me up an inch or two.

Are the bottom mounted pedals movable to push them back a bit?

What is the pump behind the drive seat? Removing this might give a little more room.

So im thinking, move pedals back if possible. Bag seat, done.

6ft 1 - 100kg

thanks.
JohnTigerCub

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 

Before Gazza appears with his regular words of wisdom i will quote...

..."Give Paul and Jim at Tiger a call"  [biggrin]

mike26950

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #3 
When I first got mt Tiger Cat I had the same problem.  I got Paul at Tiger to convert it to bottom mount pedals which was a huge improvement. Its still a bit on the tight side but Im happy with it.
E46m3c

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 
Ok I'll call em tomorrow.
Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
I think that you might find that the pump you are talking about is for the "Methanol Injection System" as the tank used to be in the passenger side for the super charger that the car runs.

As Jack has already stated talk to Paul at Tiger Racing about the car and any changes as he will be able to advise you.....

I guess the issue of seating position hasnt come up with this car before as Jim, Paul and Wayne are all under the 6 ft mark.

Gazza 

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 
Yes you are right Gazza. Meth pump.

I will probably re-locate this next to the meth tank (on the px side) to give an extra couple of inches. then i might be able to re-use the current seat.
bigkiltedwarrior

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
  • Hi,

I'm 6'5 and 105KG with size 12 feet and fit in my Tiger Supercat comfortably. 

My pedal box is from the Sierra donor,
  • I have the steering column mounted up as high as it goes,
  • I removed the GRP 'pigs ears' covers from the rear suspension mounts and made low profile fiberglass covers.
  • I have a standard JK Composite grp drivers seat and a modified (narrow) passenger seat.  Both as far back as they go and not on rails.
  • The dash has as much as possible cut out around the underside of the steering column and wheel.

Hope this helps

Stewart
E46m3c

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #8 
Cheers stewart. Got any pics?
E46m3c

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #9 
If anyone has pics of the clearence between the top of their seat and the rear bulkhead that would be great.

Thanks
warboys

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #10 
My seat touches the bulkhead, I have Tigers floors mounted pedals.
E46m3c

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #11 
Im going for this arrangement.

Cushion under arse, one behind back, and one on right hand side. And even then its very tight fit.

IMG_2908.JPG 

not much adjustment in the pedal area i think

IMG_2894.JPG 

Sitting so far back does mean i have to almost have my arm out the side of the car. But it will do for now for a test flight at abingdon.

Need to fabricate some head support incase i get rear-ended. Anyone got pics of theirs for inspiration?
IMG_2917.JPG 

Look at how much room the meth tank uses. Its a VERY tight squeeze for me to get in here and im smallest of my family. Might need to relocate the tank but to where?
IMG_2916.JPG 

Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
You could try a two pack foam seat and just cover it in Duct Tape, there are 2 or 3 types on the Demontweeks website.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/seat-kits/real-essential-seat-resin-kit

By the looks of things you would need the smaller kit size as there isnt much area for the foam to fill.

For the head restraint you could come off the seat harness mounting point with some flat bar with holes drilled to suit and another piece of flat bar welded to that to form a Tee Bar shape.

The head pad can be made from a peice of ply board cut into a circular shape with foam glued to it and covered in vinyl to finish it off.

If you talk to Paul at Tiger Racing and send him the sizes / height of the pad and dia they could make it for you.

Gazza

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #13 
Thanks gazza

I've bought a memory foam fire retardant mattress on groupon for 44 quid and 3 rolls of tank tape. Should do. I'll look into adding the headrest. I can't triangulate towards the back as that is where the fuel filler is. I could take it up to the roll bar bough?
tomforrest90

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #14 
I'm 6ft 3, and I don't have to much trouble behind the wheel of my Avon gta,
Which tiger have you got?
I know it's a bit late as you have sorted a seat. But we have a kirkey lightweight aluminum seat. With the shape can be mounted as far back and as low as possible, also has the head rest you require.

E46m3c

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #15 
Hi Tom

Got any pics?

What I've done is plywood base. Memory foam wrapped in tank tape for bottom back and side. First outing next week so will see how I get on. Probably end up moving the steering wheel higher I think.
tomforrest90

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #16 
Yeh I think moving the steering up slightly is a good move if you have the space.
Il try and get some pictures of it soon, as the cars at my dads, what's your email il send them to you via that, as I only have an iPad and can never seem to add pictures on to here.
TigresTDI

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #17 
possible to ask Intatrim to modify some Oddesey chears.
gr Martinpost-25822-0-92251300-1455192476.jpg 

E46m3c

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #18 
Did first outing last friday.

Regarding the seat, the lack of support was a real struggle. Also the position meant i kept smashing my elbows into things then catching slides.

As such ive ordered the ali seat same as tom. 10 deg lean, 15.5" wide.

I will probably have to re-position the harness mounting eyes, but im not quite sure how i do that.

Will see how this approach goes. next trackday sat 26th march at bedford
E46m3c

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #19 
Second outing today. Modified the GRP seat so it now sits as far back as possible. Also put on the 255mm steering wheel and its still bearly drivable.

Next will be to look into moving the steering rack up and perhaps a 2cm spacer behind the wheel.

Getting off the brakes onto the throttle is slow because i have to manouver around.

Also the car suffers crazy bump steer. Any kits available to counteract this a bit? Its ok when you get used to it but a bit unnerving on the first few laps.
TigerEd

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #20 
Hi, looking at the pic of your peddles, do they hit the bulkhead when depressed? Is there room in the engine bay to move them further forward? I would be looking at moving the peddles.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club