Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Edward_Roots

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Good Evening 

Sorry I know all my posts seem to be in the technical section but I am still ironing out some teething problems since purchasing my car. 

The car is fitted with a "savage" hazard switch - and I've had a few electrical issues (all sorted now except the hazards and indicators still not working. I've replaced relays etc but I think the problem lies within how I have re-wired the switch. The original wiring looks set up for a 3 connector switch, as opposed to the six pin fitted. Often I would just trial and error the wiring - but I want to make sure it is 100 percent correct so if this doesn't solved the problem I can dedicate my time to fault finding in the rest of the system. I have colour coded the diagrams below to how I think the car is wired/should be wired. Does anyone know if this is correct? 

Also for some reason when I power up the switch for the LED is permanently on - does someone know how to wire it so the LED only powers up when the switch is pressed. 

Thanks in advance and any help would be appreciated. 

http://tinypic.com/r/15xreib/9

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #2 
Because the Tiger wiring loom already has the indicator switch wiring, the wiring doesn't match the one in the CBS catalogue.

Based on the colours in your diagram on the top right and the labels given to the terminals in the CBS catalogue:
  • Green/Yellow, that was going from Flasher Relay 49a to the two terminals you've marked on the original switch as orange, now goes to the new switch on the terminals marked in red (+12v in / pin 1)
  • Green/White that was coming from the original switch to the left hand indicators, now goes to the new switch on the left hand terminal marked in orange (+12v out / pin 2)
  • Green/Red that was coming from the original switch to the right hand indicators, now goes to the new switch on the right hand terminal marked in orange (+12v out / pin 2)
  • Nothing is connected to the new switch on the terminals you have marked in green (pin 3)
Edward_Roots

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you so much for the reply, I was adamant that the wires I had marked in "orange" were correct - so I would of been there forever trying to sort the wiring.  

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Your solution fixed the problem perfectly - thanks again 
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club