Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all

I’m just putting the scuttle back on the body, do you guys put a rubber strip between the two? It feels to me like it should have something but nothing was there previously.
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #2 
When I first built the car, I used "fat" P trim, but was never very happy with the look, particularly around the rear corners of the scuttle.

I stripped the car down after a couple of years, put in a new engine and re-did the wiring loom (amongst other things) which involved removing the scuttle.

When I put it back, I sealed it with a bead of black silicone sealant which looks far better.  I appreciate that it would be far more difficult to remove, but in the 16 years since, I've not had any need to even contemplate removing the scuttle again.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for that mate. I ended up using the same rubber that’s laid on the top front edge of the scuttle that the bonnet sits on...but cut the chunky P section off and lay the rubber flat. Looks pretty tidy 👌
Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
I used some flat p strip similar to R181 from woolies site and the rounded section sticks out around the edge which I thought finished in off nicely, I’ll see if I can find a pic

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
I used some flat p strip similar to R181 from woolies site and the rounded section sticks out around the edge which I thought finished in off nicely, I’ll see if I can find a pic

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dord

Attached Images
jpeg 07E35E7E-8B5B-4E15-96D8-61C69BED1693.jpeg (112.25 KB, 14 views)

Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
I started from the front (engine end) of the scuttle and folded it around at the back so that it gave a nice edge inside the car too

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Thanks for that George. I’ll see how I feel about what I’ve done in a day or two lol
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club