Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Trackcate1

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Can anyone tell me where they got the rear spring spacers for the Tiger cat e1.

I have wheels which fit but a slight rub on one side but not on the other, last option is to lift the car up a touch, so it's either spring adjusters or spring spacers, which I have seen mentioned a few times.

Car only needs to be raised on the rear about 10mm up.
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Years ago had several cars that were low when towing caravans and used rubber inserts that fitted in between a couple of the spring coils and kept the height. 
https://www.amazon.co.uk/39-51mm-Rubber-Spring-Suspension-Assistors/dp/B00HUVTLRA
Trackcate1

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Those would change the springs characteristics. All I'm after is a nylon or aluminium spacer which sits in the Sierra wishbone which raises the spring by a set amount
TigerEd

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi, could you not buy some say 10mm thick ally and cut it to fit under the spring.
martinq357

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
I fitted poly bushes to the Sierra rear beam and because the beam is mounted differently in the Cat, you end up with two spare poly 'donuts'. As luck would have it, these snuggly fit on top of the springs, raise the back and improve the camber of the rears improving grip. All round win.
Fitting the poly bushes improved the ride too and almost completely sorted the slightly disconcerting rear wheel steering effect you get when accelerating quickly to overtake articulated lorrys on a road with heavy camber..... But that's a whole other brown adrenaline story.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club