Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Navigiter

Forum Donor 2017
Reply with quote  #1 
Following the "Open Roads" post under the Discussion heading I hope the attached are of interest: 01SeatBackAluminium.jpg  02RearAssembly.jpg  03M:C.jpg  04EngineIn.jpg  05Engine&BatteryTray.jpg 
I'll post some more photos when I remember to take some that are Tiger-genic instead of general record pics which very often turn out to be not very good.

Navigitor.

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Very nice! That’s looking fab mate, lovely work 🤩👌
MarkCopsey

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the pics and as said, nice build 😉

Forum Donor 2017
Reply with quote  #4 

Thank you all, Abe's astonishing rate of progress with his high quality work makes me wonder why I take quite as long as I do to make progress but I suppose as I'm not pushed for time it doesn't matter. It's true I do a lot of pondering about details which my beloved, unkindly I think, describes as “wasting time”. I'll post some more photos when I can find / take some reasonably good ones.

Navigiter.

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navigiter

Thank you all, Abe's astonishing rate of progress with his high quality work makes me wonder why I take quite as long as I do to make progress but I suppose as I'm not pushed for time it doesn't matter. It's true I do a lot of pondering about details which my beloved, unkindly I think, describes as “wasting time”. I'll post some more photos when I can find / take some reasonably good ones.

Navigiter.

😆 Thanks mate, I have to force myself out in the garage a lot of the time but I know I’ll enjoy it once I get into it. It’s that feeling of having done something constructive at the end of the day if I’m not working. But I’m sure that’s why everyone here does it too. I nearly cried doing the wheels, took at least 15 million hours.
Nothing wrong with pondering details!!...although if it takes 3 years deciding whether to paint rivets, it might be time to change strategy 🤣
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
When I built my first and still my current Cat it took me 6 months working on it every evening after work and weekends. It passed SVA first time .
The super Cat I built was a different story, I was building this at a slower pace and trying to enjoy the build as no rush as already had first cat to have fun with. This was the one I completely preped and sprayed bright orange.  After about a year I heard that the SVA was changing and getting really hard with lots of added bits like head rests etc. So there was a rush by builders to get tests in the old system. If you went for test before the change you could still retest if it failed under the old rules even after the new rules had started. Some builders who weren't ready were going to test unfinished with a sierra dial pod just plonked in the dash . Mine failed but had 6 months to do the failed bits only.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vji4058
When I built my first and still my current Cat it took me 6 months working on it every evening after work and weekends. It passed SVA first time .
The super Cat I built was a different story, I was building this at a slower pace and trying to enjoy the build as no rush as already had first cat to have fun with. This was the one I completely preped and sprayed bright orange.  After about a year I heard that the SVA was changing and getting really hard with lots of added bits like head rests etc. So there was a rush by builders to get tests in the old system. If you went for test before the change you could still retest if it failed under the old rules even after the new rules had started. Some builders who weren't ready were going to test unfinished with a sierra dial pod just plonked in the dash . Mine failed but had 6 months to do the failed bits only.

6 months?!! Wow that was quick!! 😳
Two builds under your belt is impressive 🤩
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
I kept a log of each day with the hours and what tasks were completed. I built it on a metal frame/trolley on casters that my son welded up so started up side down, flipped it over and could also take it out of the garage and turn it round to work on the other end.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vji4058
I kept a log of each day with the hours and what tasks were completed. I built it on a metal frame/trolley on casters that my son welded up so started up side down, flipped it over and could also take it out of the garage and turn it round to work on the other end.

👏 brill
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club