Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
As it was a nice day today and after doing a few things off "her" list, washed my tin top ( soft top really) thought the Cat wanted some fresh air. Luckily we live down a small private road so had a controlled blat up and down it, just managed 2nd at the end.Already told the neighbours before hand, from a distance.  This is no difference to having to walk up the same road with the wheelie bin ! If I can do these every few weeks will keep me sane.
JT

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Know the feeling. Its hard seeing such warm weather and not being able to go for a drive. I've polished mine 3 times.
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Could always jack the rear wheels just off the ground and have a run through the gears ! Petrol is also ultra cheap but will shoot back up after all this !
overdriver

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Due to age & infirmity I'm supposed to be in deep isolation. However, owing to no home delivery slots available for the remainder of the decade, I have been forced to book a click & collect tomorrow.

It's due to be a nice day........... It's a necessary journey......... I'm really tempted!

Michael.

Spent it on fast women and loose cars.
JT

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Well within your rights doubt you'd get much shopping in the passenger foot well though.
I'd take her for a spin.
overdriver

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
doubt you'd get much shopping in the passenger foot well though.

Ah.... but as you know, being a Cat, there's the parcel shelf for the wine and the boot should easily cope with the pack of paracetamol!

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by overdriver

Ah.... but as you know, being a Cat, there's the parcel shelf for the wine and the boot should easily cope with the pack of paracetamol!

Haha brilliant 🀣
JT

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Yes!! Sorted!!
overdriver

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
Decided to resist temptation. Whilst I would normally load all the proposed shopping in the Cat (could easily remove passenger seat) the seemingly haphazard, anonymous, multi-bagged manner in which the packages arrive at the collection point and the limited time to load when there is a queue make safe space optimisation difficult; frozen chicken in the bottom of the footwell could end up fully cooked by the time I got home!

Moreover, on a more serious note, even though I know I'd be using the car legitimately, it is possible other people may perceive it as 'joyriding' which might tempt them to relax self imposed restraint. To be honest, I think I'd feel a bit arrogant.

Therefore, sadly but out of a sense of public duty, I'll use the capacious boot space of the X-type estate.

Michael.

JT

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #10 
Sad to say i have to agree.
πŸ‘
Dimbit

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 

Yep, I'm still going to work, but doing it in the boring car with a right face on.

I'd be setting an example I'm not happy with.

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
I agree with all of you.People are regularly posting complaining posts on our village fb page when they hear any car/bike that is not a murmur !
I think if I bowled up in Aldi's car park to get the essentials I would get some abuse.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 
Yeah good call. I’d feel wrong going out in the cat however I tried to spin it to myself.
Dimbit

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #14 
Sounded like there was an incredible amount of essential travel on high-powered sports bikes round here yesterday [rolleyes]

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #15 
I too heard allot of bikes whilst painting the fence. They must have been doing there essential weekly shop. 🧐
mattbb32

New User - Not A Club Member
Reply with quote  #16 
I had to pop to screwfix other day, decided to take the cat e1 for a spin..
only brought it a few weeks ago from a friend.. 
certainly put a smile on my face.. 

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #17 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbb32
I had to pop to screwfix other day, decided to take the cat e1 for a spin..
only brought it a few weeks ago from a friend.. 
certainly put a smile on my face.. 

Great! I can’t wait to get my smiley cat face on again 🀩
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club