Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Trems

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 

Engine is now in position, cradle is 80% complete:

I've done the cradle as a single-peice so the whole thing can be taken out from the top by undoing 6 M10's.

Only just got it to fit! should just about have enough ground clearance. Although those ally lugs might have to come off and a sumpsheild be knocked up!

BobCat

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 
Very Nicely done.

Is it an optical illusion or is the whole car resting on 2 plastic trestles. If so you are a braver man that me.
Trems

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 

No, youre right mate the safe static working load is 400Kg so i'll keep it on them until it starts getting really heavy (i.e diff and rear suspension/brakes) and then i've got 4 x 3 tonne axle stands. I just wanted it up high while i did the engine really, as the clearances are *very* tight all the way around and the cradle is all welded in situ.

BobCat

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 
Good Safety first eh!

By the way Ground Clearance looks good, My Zetec has about 2 inches of sump below the rails.
lanzecki

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Do you have to dry sump moterbike engines when they go into a car?  A nice neet install.

tigergreenpilgrim

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanzecki
Do you have to dry sump moterbike engines when they go into a car?  A nice neet install.

Depends on the engine and how sensitive it is to oil surge due to cornering forces in a car. 'Blades and R1's just need a sump baffle plate fitted.
Blackbirds and Huyabusas deffo need either dry sumping or accupump.
ZX12's etc. not too sure what minimum requirement is.
Jossey

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
Looks good... Similar to my install. Have you more pictures?

Higgsengineering

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #8 
Looks good same install as I'm doing in the Avon have you fabricated the gear linkage yet?
TOC_Admin

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #9 
Trems hasn't visited here since the end of September 2009 and  he had the car up for sale in pretty much the same state as above at the beginning of September 2009 (link), so it's probably safe to say he didn't get much further.
Jossey

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #10 
I don't think many people finish the blade installed on the Avon due to the height of the chassis which is way too low for a bike engine [smile] that said I have done one but the engine sticks out 9cm from the top and that is the lowest I could get it using a £500 airbox.

Jossey

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #11 
My gear linkage started as push pull cable but realised that wasn't great so I have levers. One under the gear box to a triangle at the end of the chassis with another going to a pit bike gear lever on the gearbox. I can email you a drawing. Works really well. I'm near Leeds if local you can come luck.

I'm just putting it up for sale for £4500

Spare engine
WESTINI

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #12 
David's Avon is a very well put together car, I have chased this car around the track a few times, and it pulls very well, and the on the road it is very easy to drive. Well worth the asking price if anyone has any doubts.
stripe70

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #13 
Hi, justwondering where you got the cage from, cost, doesn`t look like a tigerone but looks good

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #14 
Wouldn't recommend the company mate sorry.
Higgsengineering

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #15 
Hi David if ok can you email me some pics of the gear linkage please, have you got my email address?
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club