Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
ejt7777

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all,

I recognise that sticking a 2.0 into the car would be the most effective way of upping the power on my kit car, but time and engine swap space constraints are stopping me from doing so at the moment. In the interim, can anyone suggest any upgrades to my existing, 1989 model year 1597cc Pinto engine please?

It's got a 32/36 DGV (it was running twin 40DCOEs, but ran horribly so I swapped, and it is far better), K&N filter, plus the 4 into 1 Tiger exhaust. When the engine was rebuilt by the previous owner/car builder, it had three angle valve seats and a light skim on the cylinder head. It's otherwise standard, apart from an electronic ignition module in the dizzy.

I've heard of people putting a standard 2.0 camshaft into earlier 1.6 pintos, but am unsure if this would fit into the later 1597cc unit - any thoughts on this please? Also, other than the cam and followers, would new springs/anything else be required?

Can anyone think of any other suggestions please?

Thanks
Ed

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Forgot to say - it is the mighty 75bhp engine (in standard tune).

The only other thing I could think of is whether it would be worth swapping the cylinder head for an older type (I think mines is an EMax)?

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #3 
I would suggest you start with overhauling the 40mm carbs you have, then getting appropriate chokes and jets installed as the single downdraft carb you now have will be restricting airflow, and consequently power.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club