Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Neil

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
I only got one set of keys with my car, I've been meaning to get a spare set for ages.
Now, 8 years on I'm finally doing it!
I found a company on ebay that will provide a blank and cut it from a photograph for the Sierra ignition lock key.
But having trouble with the locking petrol cap.
What's involved with replacing the cap with a new one?
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
I changed mine to an aero cap after SVA. You have to change the filler hose as well. Bit of a fiddle to get it to fit as the rear of the aero funnel is rather long to get a good angle. No need for a lockable one only for SVA.
Neil

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks for the reply.
Do I have to lift the body up from the car and or access from underneath or can I do the job from the top where I can see the top of the fuel tank when I remove the trim cover?
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
All can be done from the top, I have a tray in mine ,I made it to fit above the tank and sits on the rim of the tub so had to remove this. 
Seem to remember the hardest part was fitting the flexy tube as the diameter of the aero filler was not the same as the tank tube and fiddly getting jubilee clips on .Also hard to get the aero high enough. You need it as high as possible to get a good fill. My tank is a pig to fill, the flow back stops the gun and goes in in little squirts.
Neil

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Many thanks for taking the time to explain :)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club