Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
E46m3c

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi Guys,

Need to push my pedals back about 2 inches.

So far I have wound the clutch pedal in on the shaft as far as it would go.

However the brake shaft doesn't have much movement. As such i have took off the locking nut and wound the mech all the way on with some lock tight. I think this is a really bad idea as the shaft itself appears free to rotate. Is the shaft out of the master cylinder permanently fixed or can it be removed with the brake in place?

Below shows the clutch pedal and the red bit is wound all the way in. This moved the pedal in about 1.5". Still changes gears ok with the engine off.

[IMG_3621] 

Here is the brake pedal. You can see its screwed all the way down and no locking nut.

I wonder is that shaft removable? Any ideas what I could do here?
  [IMG_3620]   
Having wound it in, there is now a mechanical contact stopping it pushed in. Need to work this out also.

Finally, Throttle. This is the worst one which needs to move back about 1.5". Its currently on a flange. I cant weld so im thinking of getting some angle aluminium, bolting it onto the current hole and then bolting the pedal to the aluminium further down. Top mounted pedal.
[IMG_3622] 

E46m3c

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 
I could mill down the u-bracket from the brake pedal I suppose. Hopefully that will leave enough thread in the u-bracket.
E46m3c

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
So I cut down the end of the yoke which meant I could get the locking nut on. Still tons of thread.

The pedal is still about 1" higher than the throttle though.

Now the yoke hits the pedal on compression, however I can lock up before I achieve this so its not a major issue at this position.

However intend to remove the push rod which goes into the master cylinder. This is just a push end into the MC so I can easily take 5mm off here, and also 5 mm off the threaded section into the yoke. There will still be plenty of thread.

After that I will cut the top side of the yoke a little so it doesn't hit on compression.

Then the pedals should be about perfect position for me and I cant concentrate on tracking [smile]
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club