Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
HOL

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 

Im looking for a decent set of original tiger seats for a Super Six like the ones in the picture below.

[img] http://www.tigerracing.com/catalogue/images/parts%20SEATS.jpg[/img]

I have blue/black  ones at the moment so only looking for good condition black ones, not really bothered if they have the yellow coloured piping or not..

Also, if anyone has a set they wish to upgrade, I have a set of  Intatrim Odyssey’s, with runners and fixings that I would consider taking some Tiger seats against in PX.

[img]http://www.intatrimtelford.co.uk/components/com_virtuemart/shop_image/product/Odyssey_48582f98d3725.jpg[/img]

I am not going to be selling the Intatrims outright yet though.
juniorS6

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Andy,
I have some original seats in my Six at the mo, and I like the look of yours

You mentioned that you don't care if they have the yellow piping, but what about burgundy/maroon??
The car was factory built in '99 and as far as I know these are the original seats fitted.
I have some more photos of the underside and back if you PM me your email address, I will send them direct.

Let me know what you think.

Paul

Attached Images
jpeg Tiger_seats.jpg (103.36 KB, 48 views)

HOL

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
I would prefer plain black, but if you send pictures I will certainly have a look.

Have PM's you my email address.
JohnSix

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
May I ask why you want to swap? the intatrims look great.

John.

juniorS6

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Not recieved your PM Andy...

John, have a look in the technical section at the post marked "Super Six and floor mounted pedal boxes"
HOL

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 
I don't really want to change, but the legroom (I have a 35in Leg) is definitely reduced with the intatrims. The offer on the Intatrims is not a straight swap, but more of a PX if the right set of seats comes along.

I took this pic on my phone the other day, the passenger seat is slid forward as somewhere to store the side screens. But they look soo much better.

My preference is a cheap set of standard black tiger seats if someone has some, they have upgraded from.

Otherwise, my next best option to run my originals until the winter when I can rebuild the front of the tunnel to take some floor mounts that potrude into the engine bay somehow.

ibrown

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
Andy,

Have you sold the Intratrims yet?

If not I may be interested. (if they will fit a narrow bodied Westie)!

Ian Brown
ibrown

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #8 
Andy,

I found out this morning that the side wings on the Oddassy's give a backrest width that is too narrow for my oversized frame! (Thats me - not my car's).

Sorry, offer withdrawn.

Ian Brown
HOL

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #9 

No problem Ian,

I don’t want to lose the Intatrims if I can help it. But if a perfect set of seats had come up, I would have taken PX.

My blue/black tiger seats have been in the car a week now and are growing on me a little.

I’m going to do an 'Ade' with some head rests to make them look a bit better in the short term and then probably fit floor mounted pedals for the extra leg room over the winter.

Incidentally im a 18stone ex gym freak and I fit in them and a Super6. It is snug though, but I don’t feel uncomfortable.

Andy

ibrown

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #10 
Andy,

Where are you in Kent? As you know I'm in Kent too.

To be honest I've never ever sat in an Oddassy seat but they have always looked rather narrow accross the back to me.

If you have still got them for sale perhaps I could come at "try before I buy"!

I will bring the Westie. It's seats are just loose pads so they just lift out so a trial fit could be undertaken too.

PM me your details if you are still interested in a sale?

Ian Brown
Ade_B

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #11 
Andy, before I fitted the head restraints to my Tiger seats, I had a good look around the local scrappy (Mollys in Strood).  I took a tape measure to make sure that the metal uprights on the head restraints didnt foul the harness mounts.  I found that Rover head restraints seemed to be a little wider than most and after a bit of searching found some black leather ones in an old Rover 75.......result!

http://s491.photobucket.com/albums/rr277/Ade_B/?action=view&current=22.jpg

Ade

Raceline Water Rail. Webcon Alpha.
Powerspeed exhaust. (NOW SOLD)

New car: MGA 1600 MKII

"Growing Old is Compulsory..........Growing Up is Optional"
HOL

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #12 
Ian, I am going to keep the intatrims and make them work somehow over the winter when I fit a full cage, floor pedals and possibly a de dion.

Ade,

Is mollys still there? I don't know why, but I always assumed that they closed up shop years ago?
Hence, I always go to Sittingbourne.

Are they still near Morrisons area??

ibrown

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #13 
Andy,

OK, No Probs as I have an eye on a pair of Intratrim Rangers that are comming out of another narrow bodied westie soon.

Ian
Ade_B

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #14 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOL
Ian, I am going to keep the intatrims and make them work somehow over the winter when I fit a full cage, floor pedals and possibly a de dion.

Ade,

Is mollys still there? I don't know why, but I always assumed that they closed up shop years ago?
Hence, I always go to Sittingbourne.

Are they still near Morrisons area??

Yup, still there Andy with the same rabid dog I think! .  Dont forget that fitting floor mounted pedals will cramp the room for your legs even more as you wont be able to tuck your foot under the clutch pedal.

Raceline Water Rail. Webcon Alpha.
Powerspeed exhaust. (NOW SOLD)

New car: MGA 1600 MKII

"Growing Old is Compulsory..........Growing Up is Optional"
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club