Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
JT

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #26 
Standard bosch dissy no vac advance connected as it self advances, according to my old man its just economy. He used to work at a ford dealership when the pinto was inventedπŸ˜‚. I've got the base timing set to 10deg at tick over. I'd like to do a rolling road run to fine tune timing and see what sort of advance curve it has. Not to keen on revving up an unloaded engine on the drive plus the neighbours wouldn't be to impressed.
Id like to change the cam and pulley maybe a bit of head work to get better flow, that should be plenty of power for such a light car. Going back a few years i helped a mate fit a 1.8 turbo nissan engine into his formula 27. We had it rolling road tested 250hp. It was stupidly quick. Being just over 6 foot my head was above the roll bar which was a little disconcerting.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #27 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
Standard bosch dissy no vac advance connected as it self advances, according to my old man its just economy. He used to work at a ford dealership when the pinto was inventedπŸ˜‚. I've got the base timing set to 10deg at tick over. I'd like to do a rolling road run to fine tune timing and see what sort of advance curve it has. Not to keen on revving up an unloaded engine on the drive plus the neighbours wouldn't be to impressed.
Id like to change the cam and pulley maybe a bit of head work to get better flow, that should be plenty of power for such a light car. Going back a few years i helped a mate fit a 1.8 turbo nissan engine into his formula 27. We had it rolling road tested 250hp. It was stupidly quick. Being just over 6 foot my head was above the roll bar which was a little disconcerting.

Thanks for the info πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘Œ I need to have a play around with it all again. That formula 27 sounds mad 🀩
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #28 
I took the tiger out today for essentials 😊 First time since doing all the body work and fitting an aero screen. I disconnected the vac advance on the distributor, I fitted this when I put the new carb on. It reached 70mph pretty easily and there was no horrible pre ignition pinking either. Happy 😁
JT

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #29 
That's interesting, maybe vac advance was connected to the wrong port. Best to leave off.Have you checked timing with a light?
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #30 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT
That's interesting, maybe vac advance was connected to the wrong port. Best to leave off.Have you checked timing with a light?

Yeah I spent quite some time playing around with the timing last year. I still think it’s advancing too quickly, I’ll have another play this week with the timing light and report back 😁
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #31 
Now the lock down has eased a bit thought it was time to let the Tiger loose. We took a picnic with us and had a run out to Newmarket. Parked up by the gallops and with no contact with any one enjoyed the sunshine. Never saw another kit car out. The Cat behaved and loved it's run out.
Managed to get a bit red from the sun and wind !!
[biggrin]
compressed tiger.jpg 

Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vji4058
Now the lock down has eased a bit thought it was time to let the Tiger loose. We took a picnic with us and had a run out to Newmarket. Parked up by the gallops and with no contact with any one enjoyed the sunshine. Never saw another kit car out. The Cat behaved and loved it's run out.
Managed to get a bit red from the sun and wind !!
[biggrin]
compressed tiger.jpg 

Nice one Brandon! Me too! Soooo nice to get out again πŸ˜„

Attached Images
jpeg 8620571B-6FE2-4DD8-9FFC-A86AF6059D42.jpeg (605.68 KB, 9 views)

JT

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #33 
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club