Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all

Once you’ve tinkered with the engine and flip the nosecone back into position, do you fasten that down or do you just let the clamping action of the bonnet keep it down.. hope that made sense?!!
vji4058

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
I have the nose cone on a hinge at the bottom under the rad and have brackets popped on the side rails with bolts ( heads colour coded ) through the nose sides close to where it meets the bonnet,I either squeeze the nose to fit or turn the headlights to clear.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vji4058
I have the nose cone on a hinge at the bottom under the rad and have brackets popped on the side rails with bolts ( heads colour coded ) through the nose sides close to where it meets the bonnet,I either squeeze the nose to fit or turn the headlights to clear.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks mate. Couldn’t take a photo when you’ve got a spare minute could you? I think I understand but would be nice to see. I’ve just repositioned my headlights outwards 25mm each side so I don’t have to squeeze the nosecone as much to flip back into position. Mines hinged under the rad too... had to sort and reposition all that.
overdriver

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Evening Abe,

The solution as per my Cat is the use of Dzus fasteners and one-off shaped brackets bolted to the headlamp bracket.
IMG_20160118_114845651 small.jpg  Dzus bracket 1.jpg 

I'm not saying it's the most elegant solution - and I'm thankful for the amount of 'flex' in the nosecone to line up the fixings - but it's an option if you feel the need for a 'belt & braces' approach.

Michael.

Spent it on fast women and loose cars.
Abe

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #6 
Great thanks Michael nice solution! I’ve not used those fasteners before
8dja

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #7 
Mine is bolted at the bottom by the rad and just held down by the bonnet
Dord

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #8 
Mine has an L shaped bracket on each side of the chassis with riv nuts and when I push the nose cone past the headlights it lifts over the brackets and is secured with a dome headed hex bolt, very secure

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dord
Mine has an L shaped bracket on each side of the chassis with riv nuts and when I push the nose cone past the headlights it lifts over the brackets and is secured with a dome headed hex bolt, very secure

Cheers George. 👌
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club