Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Edward_Roots

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #1 
Good Evening 

I'm new to this forum, and also to Tiger ownership (loving it so far - although I have hit a snag.)

Was doing some work on my Super Six earlier, just tidying up etc as only owned it for a week.

I took apart the dash panel to access the fuse board and check fuses etc. When I was taking it apart I think I must of put some pressure on some wires and connecting blocks. Most of the puled apart wires were self explanatory (there was only a couple). But then I noticed my indicators and hazards were not working, after scratching my head and looking around I finally noticed a green wire, which if I connect to a live the indicators light up (but they are on solid and don't flash.) I just can't figure out where this wire goes. The wire is spliced into a wire which goes into the relay for the indicators.

The car is a pinto super six, unfortunately it was built 15 years ago and has changed hands a few times, so I don't think the wiring will be fresh in any ones memory. 

I have good mechanical knowledge, but just get stumped at electrics a little bid.  

If anyone has any suggestions that would be great - apologies if I have missed any information off, but just ask if there is anything you need to know.

Thanks in advance

Super Moderators
Reply with quote  #2 

Take a look in the downloads section where you will find the wiring diagrams, these might help you trace what is happening.
Edward_Roots

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you, I've had a look over the wiring diagrams on both the one supplied with the car and the ones on this site and I'm still scratching my head

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
Have you put some of the wires on the switch wrong? There is a live and earth for the bulb that lights up in the switch (to show it's on) and then there are wires for the actual switch - have you put those two lives round the wrong way?

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #5 
Hello Mark 

Thank you for the reply, I hadn't removed the hazard switch - but under a bit more investigating it looks as though the wire might of come apart where it was extended from the hazards into the relay. This is just from looking at the diagrams - so I will need to poke around tonight and see what I can find. But I would of thought that even with this wire disconnected the indicators from the stalk should work? (but I could be wrong.) 

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2018 Tiger Owners Club