Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
carlcarkit

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all,

I have just entered the kit car world with a pre-built Tiger Avon Zetec.
I plan to document what I have, tweak it and use it (for various forms of motorsport).

I will only try to ask newbie questions when the implications of getting something wrong are likely to cost me hundreds of pounds [smile]

So far I am hearing good things about Tiger's vs GBS and Caterhams and so on.  So hope to enjoy it for many years to come.

Carl
IanR6

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Hello and welcome Carl.
Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #3 
Hello Carl,

Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club and the world of Kits Cars, there are lots of things that you can do in your car that dont have to cost a fortune such;

The London to Brighton Kit and Sports car event later in the year.

You could join one of the planned events on the Tiger Owners site through different parts of the UK or Europe.

A trip down to Le Man....

A trip to the Stoneleigh Car show to show your car off and spend some money on upgrades.

look at joining in Guild of Motoring Endurance for the next event in 2017 

Go racing in your car.... Most of the people racing their Tigers seem to be heading towards the 750 Motor Club for 2016 in the Sports Special Series: http://www.750mc.co.uk/formulae/sports-specials.htm

Lastly as always for anything that you need for the car Paul and Laura at Tiger Racing are a good bet for advice or parts.

Gazza

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 
Thanks for the welcome guys.

I plan to do a few auto-solos to get used to the car (MSA-approved events, essentially a time trial around 40+ cones).
Then nice and steady track days (on airfields), then circuit track days.
Possibly sprints and hill climbs and then aiming for a race series in 2 or 3 years time.

I prefer driving it rather than static displays but a few kit-car events wouldn't go amiss if there are bargains to be had [smile]

Laura and Paul have been very helpful so far [smile]
warboys

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Hi Carl, welcome to the club. Whereabouts are you in the UK?
carlcarkit

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 
I am down south.

Have re-done all of the wiring for the charging system.  Will test it tomorrow.  Fingers crossed it works.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club