Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
sambo

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all,

Recently purchased myself a Tiger Avon with a C20xe lump. I have removed the engine and box. I have noticed that the engine is leaking lots of oil from the sump. I believe there to be a cork gasket fitted. I have heard if a "Modified 8v gasket" Any ideas?

Thank You 

Sam 
warboys

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 
laptoprob is the font of all knowledge on this type of engine in this car I believe.
laptoprob

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
[smile] Ive just had more disasters than most i think!

You dont need anything more than the std gasket. My fav is the cork gasket with the small metal spacers inside it to prevent you over tightening it along with a smidge of Hermitite Red on both surfaces. If tightened up properly it shouldn't leak at all.
TigerEd

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #4 
'Autovaux' sell a baffle plate with a bonded gasket for the 8v engine which will fit, I've had more success with this type but Vauxhall's do seem to have a problem with leaking sumps.
laptoprob

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Ive never used the 8V plate but heard good things about them. Other thing we did is bin the Vauxhall bolts and use Allen key headed versions, i found them easier to put in when the engines in the car and also get a better feel for the tightness.
sambo

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 
Thanks for the reply folks. I have fitted a 8v gasket and when I get the lump back in over Christmas I hope to have no leaks.

Sam

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club