Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
Danno

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi there,

I have a very early Super 6 from the 90's. I don't much like the style of the flared rear arches and wanted to investigate putting a more straight shouldered arch on (but like the Caterham) and one that doesn't have the kicked up rear. I prefer straight across.

Any ideas? Would I be able to get hold of Tiger R6 arches? Or are there any after market ones that might fit. Any
ideas would be greatly appreciated, along with any advice for measuring and assessing on the Internet.

Cheers

Dan
Gazza

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
Hi Dan,

Just a thought but perhaps try Tiger Racing who make the cars to get the R6 rear wheel arches which are straight across ??

They might even have them in stock and be willing to sell some to you.

Gazza

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 

Thanks for that Gazza. On their website they say they need a chassis number to be able to sell you them. I assume this is to stop people swopping bits around between different models.

Also if there are any second hand that someone might have that I could restore/repaint, or even the possibility of other types of kit car arch that might look better than the S6 or R6, are all possibilities I was hoping to explore.

Cheers

Dan

BOBW99

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 
We also have an early S6 and changed the rear wings for the Tiger R6 wings which are square at the bottom are lighter and look very good. Good easy6 fit. Not an awful lot of £
Speak to Laura.

Regards
bob
Danno

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOBW99
We also have an early S6 and changed the rear wings for the Tiger R6 wings which are square at the bottom are lighter and look very good. Good easy6 fit. Not an awful lot of £
Speak to Laura.

Regards
bob

Thanks Bob.

Don't suppose you have your windscreen kit still do you?
BOBW99

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #6 
Sorry The full windscreen kit went within a few days of offering it.

Bob
WESTINI

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
Danno, I have an R6 and have front and rear arches for sale, I'm in south Yorkshire though, where are you based?
Danno

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #8 
I'm on the South Coast, but have a few mates up that way... any pics? What colour are they?
WESTINI

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #9 
Ill get some pics, they are carbon and in great condition, only changed as I wanted pure black.includes lights on rears.
catman

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #10 
Westini I have PM'd you

Ed
Danno

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #11 
Sound good to me. Let me see a few pictures and then PM me a price. Cheers
WESTINI

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #12 
Sorry for the delay, pms received and will post pics tomorrow. No idea on price, once I post pics, feel free to offer a fair price, you guys know their value better than I do. Paul.
WESTINI

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #13 
Guys, even better... in this original sales post, that's my actual car with the carbon arches and old style lights.. you'll see exactly how they were now, and how the car looks now.. is that ok?

http://forums.tigerownersclub.co.uk/post/tiger-r6-for-sale-sold-6963061?pid=1289535108
Danno

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #14 
Hi Westini,

Tried PM'g you. Are these still available?
WESTINI

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #15 
Sorry guy's, I broke one of the rears when moving stuff around the garage.. have given them to a mate to try and repair.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club