Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
TigerTigs

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 

So does anyone fancy meeting at the next shelsley walsh breakfast meet?
It's Sunday 9th September

we will need to get there early.....

If its wet.... put a raincoat on πŸ˜ƒ

AndyPearce

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTigs
If its wet.... put a raincoat on πŸ˜ƒ

And don’t bring the Tiger! DOnt know about you but I tend to avoid driving on public roads in the wet in a Tiger.

Wou;d love to meet up with some fellow Tiger owners but the Midlands is a bit too far for me (even though I was born there!)
TigerTigs

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
For now I'm happy to go out if its wet. I suspect that will change as I either crash or get bored of being wet πŸ˜‰
AndyPearce

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerTigs
For now I'm happy to go out if its wet. I suspect that will change as I either crash or get bored of being wet πŸ˜‰

It’s not getting wet myself that worries me, its how it behaves in the wet as soon as I press the accelerator that worries me, More so on public roads as my limited experience has shown them to be slippier in the wet that any track I’ve been on.
TigerTigs

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
I tend to have that drama in the dry...... a couple of times its swung the wrong way with me holding on for dear life....
Bakerwoodlands

Forum Donor 2018
Reply with quote  #6 
I am hoping to go but having just returned to kit cars after spinning a westfield in the wet, I will be weather dependent, will be travelling from Grantham if anyone in the area or on route. would be nice to meet others as proving a bit of a learning curve after the Westie and Robin Hood before that. Martin

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #7 
Hi martin,
perhaps I can meet you somewhere and we can go in together? Would be nice to drive with another cat
Bakerwoodlands

Forum Donor 2018
Reply with quote  #8 
Would be good. I will look at locations and route and try and find meeting place. Who knows perhaps others may join us on the final leg.

Forum Donor 2018
Reply with quote  #9 
Looks like I will be coming via the A442 or M5 depending on how much punishment my ears can take and I think you will be going along the A44 so thought a good meeting place might be somewhere just west of Junction 6 of the M5 on the A449, looking at the map around Warndon? I will try and find a services or supermarket near by (unless you know f one?) to meet at but thought I would just check to make sure that I have the right area first and then perhaps we can post the meeting point to see if any others are going this way. Thanks, Martin

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #10 
There is the six ways stadium at junction 6. We can meet there and go on from there?
Bakerwoodlands

Forum Donor 2018
Reply with quote  #11 
I have found a "Offerton Lane Local Nature Reserve" on AA maps - I assume there must be a carpark there, would this be a good place to meet? Time wise I was thinking of getting there around 7.30 as I think about an hour on to Shelsley Walsh so be there for 8.30? Martin

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #12 
Not that I'm saying I'll be there (me and Sunday morning early rising are strange bedfellows!), but a possible meeting point could be the Tesco superstore at Warndon (Mill Wood Drive) as it's only a couple of minutes from J6 of the M5. Whilst it doesn't open until 10 a.m. on Sundays, there are 'pay-at-pump' facilities in the service station should a fuel top-up be required.

Incidentally, I don't think the Offerton Lane Nature Reserve actually has a car park!

Michael.

Spent it on fast women and loose cars.
Bakerwoodlands

Forum Donor 2018
Reply with quote  #13 
TigerTigs has suggested the Sixways Stadium off Warriers Way, Hindip, WR3 8ZE which is only just off the A449 junction 6 of the M5. Suites me as gives me both the A46 and M5 option from Grantham so will aim to be there for 8.30 on Sunday 9th weather and Tiger permitting. Being new to the forum should I start another discussion with these details to you think incase is of interest to others? Martin.

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #14 
We could always do doughnuts in the car park at six ways....... [wink]
overdriver

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #15 
Not sure Worcester Rugby Club would allow you to do doughnuts in the car park. Better to wait and have tea & toast at Shelsley!

Parking at Sixways might possibly be an issue. Sunday 9th isn't a match day (Warriors are away to Sale) but there can be other events and car-boots on and you may get directed into car parks with barriers or (Tiger sump unfriendly) speed bumps. As a standby, or possible alternative, there is the westbound truck parking layby three quarters of a mile along the A449 from the J6 island. This is the road you would be using for the onward journey to Shelsley anyway.

Incidentally, from J6 to Shelsley is about 17 miles. The only filling station actually 'en route' is at Great Witley which is 13 miles from J6.

Michael.

Spent it on fast women and loose cars.
Bakerwoodlands

Forum Donor 2018
Reply with quote  #16 
This is harder than I thought. What about the David Lloyd Car Park off Pershore Lane? it is still off the J9 roundabout and at that time should be empty else I am sure we could meet on the road outside, stlll 8.30?

Forum Donor 2018
Reply with quote  #17 
Just checked the David Lloyd's web site, looks like barried entry HOWEVER Google maps show as Sixways Park and Ride car park postcode Worcester WR3 8ZE which looks good and is still just off Junction 6 off 5 (apologies not 9, must be upside down dyslexic) - shall we try this?
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club