Welcome to the Tiger Owners Club

Home - Forum - Links - Downloads - Privacy Policy

Author   Comment  
bigkiltedwarrior

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #1 
I'm thinking of installing a MegaJolt on my Pinto. A few questions for those that have gone down this route.

1. Is it a worth while upgrade over points? Is there a noticeable increase in engine performance?

2. Is it an easy install?

3. Are there any tip/tricks to make installation easier?

Cheers
Stewart
Dimbit

Registered Users
Reply with quote  #2 
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
I did it a while ago with what's now probably an older version. Kind of wrote it up too.
http://forums.tigerownersclub.co.uk/post/another-megajolt-fable-2715313
Amazingly the link still works after all these years of free hosting on a long-forgotten throwaway service.

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #3 
So went ahead and bought a Megajolt setup with TPS.  I have fitted this over the last week and fired her up yesterday on the EDIS4 unit alone.  Surprisingly easier to fire up and smoother on idle already.

I was wondering if anyone has some maps that they have used successfully?  I have looked at http://www.cate1.co.uk/megajolt/mapping.php (via waybackmachine archive) but seem to be for very standard or highly tuned (170bhp) applications.

I am currently running a 2ltr Pinto, 205 Block, Burton Stage 2 big valve head (44.5 inlets), Kent FR30 hi-torque cam and Twin Weber 45s.

Would be grateful for any maps which have been used for a near similar setup.

Thanks in advance as always.
Stewart

weavo56

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #4 
Hi Stew , I have these  maps for the pinto .

Graham

Attached Files
zip MAPS.zip (1.91 KB, 28 views)

bigkiltedwarrior

Account Disabled
Reply with quote  #5 
Thanks,  so everything is all up and running and a noticeably different car to drive.  Currently running a 2D map across the range with a fast advance from 16 at 1400 up to 36 at 3500.  No pinking under load so may up this to 38.
weavo56

Forum Donor 2015
Reply with quote  #6 
Great news  , glad your running again .

Graham

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.

© Copyright 2000-2019 Tiger Owners Club